5mm or 7mm that is the question???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would also look at a 5mm, you can always add a hoodie and gloves if it gets colder. My only concern is longer and deco dives. It really does not matter how warm the water is. The longer you stay in it, the colder it will become over time, especially during deco. I am not sure about the type of dive you do or the amount of time you spend in the water. My point is that you want to stay warm!

You could also maybe look at a semi dry? I have the Nova Scotia 6.5mm; it is a very versatile suite and can be configured with hoodie and gloves to fit a wider range of diving applications.

The best solution still is a drysuit IMO. Diving is about being comfortable and warm (and dry).

Just FYI, gloves are a no no in cave diving. You have to be able to feel the line.

Not always true. I keep a pair of 3mm gloves and my 5mm hood either in my drysuit pocket or tucked between me and my nomad so I can pull them out for deco. Don't wear either during the dive, especially not the gloves, but at deco it's nice

Several of the guys I dive with wear a Atlan semidry.They swear by them. Ginnie has them at a very good price and I think you can even get custom, I have one with out a hood and I like it just fine. I get cold easily and use a dry suit for caves.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom