7' and 24" Hoses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Soggy once bubbled...

Or watch me route a 7' hose...I'm 6'0", 150 lbs...I could wrap the thing around my head twice if I needed to. I now dive with a 6' hose and a 22" backup, which is perfect for me. Other people feel they need the 24" to move around comfortably. It all depends on how your hoses are routed and your personal size. 6' is perfect for me.
I moved from a 22" to a 24" when I went to doubles because I couldn't look to my left without pulling the mouthpiece really hard. Whatever works and makes sense is the goal here, not a specific length, IMO..

Hello,

Funny you should mention that. There was a guy who claimed that very same thing, untill someone came up to him while in the water and yanked the reg out of his mouth, strangled him with the hose. The 'donor' never saw him and was totaly unprepared for that. Oh and btw, the head dip doesn't work when you have a panic situation on your hands from another diver.

Ed

blacknet once bubbled...
Funny you should mention that. There was a guy who claimed that very same thing, untill someone came up to him while in the water and yanked the reg out of his mouth, strangled him with the hose. The 'donor' never saw him and was totaly unprepared for that.

Strangled him? If it's routed correctly, that just ain't possible. The hose never comes near the front of your neck. You smell like a troll. Who is "the guy"?

Oh and btw, the head dip doesn't work when you have a panic situation on your hands from another diver.

Works fine for me...I've practiced with it, did that "other guy?"

There is a reason why thousands and thousands of dives have been done with this system. You clearly don't understand how it works. Can you tell me how your (I'm guessing) 36" hose will work with a panicked diver when neither of you have any room to move around and the reg gets pulled from one or both of your mouths?

So I will have some good practice with drill's.....My buddy doesn't know it yet but he will soon enough...lol

2 tank dive on Saurday at Pleasant..

2 tank dive on Sunday at Saguaro..

blacknet once bubbled...
Hello,

Funny you should mention that. There was a guy who claimed that very same thing, untill someone came up to him while in the water and yanked the reg out of his mouth, strangled him with the hose. The 'donor' never saw him and was totaly unprepared for that. Oh and btw, the head dip doesn't work when you have a panic situation on your hands from another diver.

Ed
You know I think your on to something here......
I wrapped the hose around my neck twice...I can see where that could be a problem....

Thanks Ed

blacknet once bubbled...
Hello,

Ed

But then James Bond grabbed his knife and cut the hose to get out of the strangulation...

I smell something...comes out of the back of a large male bovine...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom