7 day x 30min Cardio Challenge!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have finally started back going to the gym (had not been going since before Christmas) - been doing at least 30 minutes of cardio for the last 2 weeks (everyday) and added in a bit of weights here the last few days - am a bit sore from the weights - havent really dropped much, but i can definitely tell a difference in my body already.

welcome harb!!!

well i survived my sunday session and have 8 weeks of homework and butt kicking to look forward to

but
my 4klm time trial, last time it took me 35+ mins to walk it (i dont run) and today it took me 33mins 52secs :D

not much but for me its a start!

this morning was a 6.15am cardio session... and i survived

actually there was alot of shuttle runs and although i still suck at it - i didnt quit :D

tomorrow is our 5.30pm office session - hopefully i wont be too sore

hopefully i wont be too sore

Tip: Shortly after your workout take a "contrast shower". In the shower, switch the water from hot to cold and back a few times, usually around 3 min of hot to 1 min of cold. I do about 4 rounds of that. It's a big help for eliminating delayed onset muscle soreness, I'm pretty much only sore now if the crossfit trainers have managed to find a group of muscles I haven't used much (right now the backs of my legs are sore. the backs. ***.)

Woke up at 4 am. I'm not sure what's up with that. Stayed in bed until 5:30ish. Got up and padded around the house. Hit the streets at 6 am sharp (dog in tow). Walked and then did 30 minutes of ab exercises (nothing too strainful- the ab workout from Crunch- these are muffin tops of steel, not abs of steel).

Been busy but not working out.

Saturday we gear up for a wild day of diving and at 25' and 1 minute into the dive, it was thumbed because the viz at 80' was 1-3'. Didn't make it to the gym that evening, but washed both cars, so I think I did some exercise.

Sunday was house cleaning ........

Today - gym time. 37 minutes on the treadmill. 2.05 miles and 310 calories. I have to make the gym a more regular thing...

i heard about the hot/cold showers before... for lactic acid isnt it??

havent been brave enough to try it yet though

today will be our work session at 5.30pm

when i work up this morning i thought i would be sore but im nowhere near what i expected... only when i sit at my desk for a few hours do i notice!

did i metion today is 3rd session in 3 days and tomorrow will be 4th session in 4 days!!!!

It's awful.
I've managed to gain back about 5 pounds since John came home....so I've GOT to kick it back into gear....bathing suit season is coming up...and we're honeymooning in Hawaii........

I don't know if this will make you feel better- but maybe it will make you feel "not alone":

I was sorting through some old clothing today and decided to try on a couple of dresses. I was hoping they'd still fit, I mean, I haven't gained THAT much weight...

Well, I just about popped the buttons off one of them at the waist. After that, I couldn't get it off fast enough. That little number can hide at the BACK of the closet for a while!

WHAT THE HECK ARE WE DOING!!!!!!!!

IS THIS THE FITNESS AND HEALTH CHALLENGE OR NOT?

DARILYN AND TRUCKER GIRL.. TODAY you are starting a food & exercise diary!!!

get yourselves a note pad and write down EVERYTHING you eat, drink and do!!!!

honestly, i have restarted this and its AMAZING how much inspiration it can give you to do better and be honest with myself!!!

WHO IS GOING TO JOIN ME?

now, give me a GRRRRRRRR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom