7 Dives A Day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow ... I'd have guessed that he'd be chamber bound about midway through day two.

personally, I NEVER fly (high altitude, pressurized cabin, etc) within 24 (and in practice i wait 36-48) hours of any logged/real dive.

Different strokes for different folks; I tend to do the opposite. I usually try to "reverse engineer" my last dive profile using the Suunto dive planner to get in a final dive 21 or 22 hours before flying when I am on a dive vacation. I try to have my computer complete de-sat between check-in and boarding.

I have always argued that people are way too conservative with respect to flying after diving. The old US Navy tables used to indicate you should not dive within four hours of your last dive, or 12 if you had been engaging in planned decompression diving. Not suggesting anyone go that far in this day and age, but 36-48 hours is a lot longer than I want to sit by the pool on a dive vacation.

Guys,

Question is : will I risk getting the bends with 24 dives if I stick to the depths written above?

Your advices are greatly appreciated.

Yes you will risk getting the bends.

That's not a bad term for it, I don't suppose there much of a future for gestalt decompression.:D

I entered into divePAL-Tech the "plan" indicated by the OP using "U" shaped profiles (plus safety stop).
My analysis shows that the diver will go straigth to the chamber after dive 6 of day 3 as he will be surfacing breaking the ceiling (lead is the slowest compartment). Alberto (aka eDiver)

Not sure what you mean by "Lead is the slowest compartment" ???

While tables may not include the slowest compartments, dive computers do. What would happen if he did the dives and simply followed his dive computer?

Edmonds showed, years ago, that despite the use of very long halftime compartments, it was possible to get bent using a computer by making extensive series of repetitive dives. The computer said: "OK." The model said, "fine." The diver said, "ouch." Look in the AAUS Dive Computer Workshop ... it's in the Rubicon Repository I'm sure.

Wow ... I'd have guessed that he'd be chamber bound about midway through day two.
According to our model, at the end of day 2 is surfacing with NDL of 96% .... way too aggressive for my taste :no:

7dd_d2d7.jpg

Personally I like to surface with NDL < 80%

Alberto (aka eDiver)

DevonDiver,

thank you for the referral :wink:

Unfortunately the version we have released (Nitrox) so far supports only series of 5 dives.

However, I did plug in the sequence of 24 dives mentioned by the OP (I used typical multilevel profiles with 3 minutes safety stops too) in our - unreleased - TECH version and, as expected, I did not see any deco violation.... but, at the end of the sequence the slowest compartments are quite full.

Considering that, according to the Buhlmann model, the slowest compartment has a half time of 635 minutes, it will take ~63 hours to completely desaturate it.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

So initially you were cool with the profile.... now you say after 2 days you don't like it no mo'? I'm confused? I didn't check a table or any resource and it just sounded too aggressive (for air) to me....

So initially you were cool with the profile.... now you say after 2 days you don't like it no mo'? I'm confused.....? ...
Read all the posts ..... initially I was using multilevels dive profiles (square root shaped) and did not see any deco violation (but still saw high Nitorgen loading % - and I was NOT cool about them).

Then I was asked to check the sequence for square profiles ... and - as expected - the loading numbers went through the roof.

Small changes in the profiles of the individual dives could make a substantial difference. Of course this is all theory :coffee:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom