A bit confused on the hero 3+ housing, can you help?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks guys, I understand more clearly now. Did any of you go to the 3+ dive housing for better optics or will I be ok w/ the 3+ stock housing?

Dave

I don't recall the exact conversation with Reef Photo but I came away with the feeling that the optics were better. However, it was the more rugged construction and that the Polar filter fit on the dive housing. FWIW, I would rather have a slightly scratched plastic filter than a broken glass filter. Perhaps the Backscatter Flip would have been an even better choice.

As always, thanks for all the great info guys!

Dave

I thought about getting the dive housing, but passed and so use the stock one. Haven't had any problems to this point. For filters, I went with the Backscatter Flip3 and also got the green water filter for lake dives. So far, been happy with set-up.

Im pretty confused about this one - So the LCD bac 304 part no# comes with a backdoor that fits the smaller 3+ housing or the older 3 housing?

OK I need an opinion whether an lcd bac is useful when using a gopro on a gopole one meter away from your nose?

P

I bought the 3+ with new smaller housing. And got the LCD screen that came with the thicker dive housing. When the 3+ first came out, you had to use the old housing... they have since come out with back doors to fit the smaller housing. Can be bought on their website.

I prefer to dive with older dive housing for the depth limit and better latch that you can't just flip open.

I do like using the LCD and would definitely want it while using a gopole, just to make sure you are getting what you want in the shot.

Back
Top Bottom