A BLOWOUT?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have not seen the Santa Fe rise one bit here - my house is 25 yards from the river.
Screenshot of the river from my dock taken 9/3/23 1220
dock.jpg

I've asked on Facebook about some other friends east of High Springs but I haven't heard back.

Still wonder how Wayne fared through the storm. Or Amigos and the new owner Bruce. Finally Dive Outpost is largely silent.

Spent the weekend at Ginnie. Not sure that is my cup of tea.. so. many. people..
But, I went with an open mind. We dived (open water divers) on Saturday. My buddy has never been there.
We had the ballroom to ourselves, and managed to make it almost an hour dive. Flow was strong at the grate. I had trouble steadying the camera with one hand while hanging on with the other to take a photo of friend at grate.
Then we did Little Devil, the eye, and ear. I thought the flow was really strong, especially the ear. It was some work to get to the log, which looks like it dropped down a bit since the last time I was there. It's at 20ft now, and you can see slide marks on the western edge.
We wanted to do a river dive, but I talked my friend out of it. Lost clear water on the edge before the end of the Turkey Roost, the rest of the river was a deep tanin.
Today when we tubed down the river, the ball was underwater.

Apparently yesterday afternoon, a helicopter life flighted somebody out. I don't know if it was a diver or not. Can't find any info on it.

I have not seen the Santa Fe rise one bit here - my house is 25 yards from the river.
Yeah looks like hardly any rain in the Santa Fe basin as they are already predicting a fall in the river level.

The Suwannee is still rising, but it appears to be slowing down so it is likely peaking.

Looks like 95 is tracking far enough north that it will be caught up in the steering winds that have kept most storms away from the US. They are predicting the same for 96 that is right behind it.

95L_tracks_latest.png

I also checked the state park website, it seems like the only diveable parks skill closed are Peacock, Troy, Lafayette, and Madison.

I wonder if it is because it was so damaged, or as they just concentrating resources on parks that are easier to open up.

A friend was at Royal yesterday; it's officially still closed (trees down, gates locked) but people were walking around the gate to swim, including a few divers. Water in her photos looks a little tannic but diveable.
As usual a-holes only care about themselves and not about getting a site closed. If your friend was one of the people diving it do us a favor and punch them in the neck for us

As usual a-holes only care about themselves and not about getting a site closed. If your friend was one of the people diving it do us a favor and punch them in the neck for us
Nope, friend was there with her husband to go swimming for Labor Day. They saw the park was closed and left.

Nope, friend was there with her husband to go swimming for Labor Day. They saw the park was closed and left.
Those are good people then. Not sure why so many people refuse to follow rules if it doesn't align with their plans for fun

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom