A device that lets you breathe underwater without the tanks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chicnstu:
I've seen in some movies and shows (Star Wars, Pokemon) these things that the people put in their mouth and they could breathe underwater while using them. I'm thinking that they work by filtering the oxygen from the water to you. If these exist, where can I get one?

Here you go

http://www.spareair.com/

enyoj

dlndavid:
Hey there chicnstu,
Welcome to SB, looks like you found the right place for all the right answers. :wink:
Hey where'd he go? Where'd who go? :crafty:

M - "Sorry...we.."
G - "Thank you!"
M - "Came up on his six, when I pulled directly above him."
I - "if you were directly above him, then how could you see him?"
M - "I was inverted!"

I'm still here, I just like reading more instead of posting. I had all of these people when I started this topic calling me crazy and saying it wasn't possible. But someone posted a link here about a guy that had invented something like that.

chicnstu:
I'm still here, I just like reading more instead of posting. I had all of these people when I started this topic calling me crazy and saying it wasn't possible. But someone posted a link here about a guy that had invented something like that.

Ah well, your first post was:

I've seen in some movies and shows (Star Wars, Pokemon) these things that the people put in their mouth and they could breathe underwater while using them. I'm thinking that they work by filtering the oxygen from the water to you. If these exist, where can I get one?

which made you look naive ... not crazy.

However, had you asked something along the lines of:

I know movies and shows (Star Wars, Pokemon) showing things that people put in their mouth and they could breathe underwater while using AREN'T REAL BUT SCIENCE FICTION. Are there any devices out there that are in development or exist. If so, can I get one?

You would have have eliminated ALL the crazy and fun :wink: posts and this would have been a great thread FROM the start instead of morphing into a great thread now.

chicnstu:

:eyebrow: Call Q. He's working for MI-6 right now. I saw 007 have 1 in "die another day" :wink:

NAUI-MD:
:eyebrow: Call Q. He's working for MI-6 right now. I saw 007 have 1 in "die another day" :wink:

chicnstu, I rest my case .... :wink:

They supposedly fused human lungs so that one lungs breathes into the other, and gets filtered by the alveoli, and goes back in? Long burn time I hear:)

I didn't read past the first 3 pages(to many psedo scientists) so if this has been brought up already then sorry.
The answer is yes.
Henry's law makes is simple and it is something that we deal with regarding decompression. The same thing that causes pumps to cavitate is used by an inventor in israel, and he has a patent on it.
it is not as small as the Jedi thing but maybe some day it will get smaller.

Back
Top Bottom