A few little things ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd love to see some of your pictures, Curt ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Bob,

It was great seeing you and representing SCUBABOARDS at the Northwest Dive and Travel show.

One thing that my Zen Dive Yoda-san taught me in Roatan, is carry a 3-4" magnifying glass, you can find them cheap $4-5 at hardware stores, drill a hole in the handle, put a lanyard through it so it can dangle on your wrist, or they tuck into a BCD pocket pretty easy.

I've passed off my Magnifying glass to dive mastera whose eyes bug out when the experience a magnifying glass underwater the first time..............cheap to give to the dive master too in a tropical location as a tip and trinket.

I have more fun looking at the odd micro macro odd critters, as everyone else is going ga-ga about "another" sea turtle.

Hi Cindy ...

Hit me up in October, when they come back to the eel grass beds, and I'll happily show you where and how to see them regularly for the few months they invade that area ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Here's a few I took last night. Well, first one I took several months ago ...

This is a juvenile wolfie I've been watching since about last October. My initial shot of her back then ... when her head was only about as big around as my thumb ... a cute little toddler ...

IMG_2059.jpg

Now she's the wolf eel equivalent of a teen-ager ... this was from last evening's dive ... the same wolfie ... now her head's about as big around as my wrist ...

wolfie.jpg

And speaking of little things ... check out this little flounder. I spotted something behind his eye, but couldn't make out what it was ...

solefuleyes.jpg

... so when I downloaded the picture, I zoomed in and cropped ... never seen these before. Looks like some sort of flounder-shaped parasite ...

xhitchikers.jpg

... and finally ... playing around at safety stop taking pictures of jellies ...

jelly1.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Here's an exquisite little thing I found at Edmonds the other day ... a skeleton shrimp. They're common, and relatively easy to see ... but not with this much detail ...

IMG_4090.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

EXCELLENT shots, keep up the great work and thanks for sharing..........

Great shots, Bob! And thanks for starting the thread; I look forward to more photos from the area.

kari

This is a little thing only in a relative sense ... it's about four feet long, which is very little for a sixgill shark. But it's the first one I've seen in about six years. Took this pic last night ...

IMG_4131.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom