A few little things ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is a little thing only in a relative sense ... it's about four feet long, which is very little for a sixgill shark. But it's the first one I've seen in about six years. Took this pic last night ...

IMG_4131.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Ahhhh, there goes the alleged six gill shark that alluded me all week during my time in PNW. Nice shot, Bob. Was this taken at Redondo?

My pictures don't compare with Bob's, but here are a couple from last night's dive:

560872_10151081836499216_800344037_n.jpg

I love taking pictures of the ordinary stuff that most people look past . . .

313642_10151081836719216_733344097_n.jpg

These tubeworms look dull and uninteresting, until you put a light on them and realize the amazing, fireworks colors.

523984_10151081837054216_1294186722_n.jpg

This is a scaled crab, and I've been trying to get this guy to stand still for a photograph for about six months . . .

I don't think I have ever seen a picture of a shark in which it appears to be smiling :) ...until now

Puget Sound must be a pretty friendly place!

Ahhhh, there goes the alleged six gill shark that alluded me all week during my time in PNW. Nice shot, Bob. Was this taken at Redondo?

Yup, that was Redondo ... taken at about 9'ish PM last night in somewhere between 100 and 108 feet of water. It was a very curious pup ... I literally had to push it away with my camera twice.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

---------- Post Merged at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:40 AM ----------

My pictures don't compare with Bob's, but here are a couple from last night's dive:

523984_10151081837054216_1294186722_n.jpg

This is a scaled crab, and I've been trying to get this guy to stand still for a photograph for about six months . . .

... the detail in that shot is exceptional ... you're right, these guys see a camera and they usually scuttle away quick ... well done!

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

---------- Post Merged at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:40 AM ----------

I don't think I have ever seen a picture of a shark in which it appears to be smiling :) ...until now

Puget Sound must be a pretty friendly place!

Well, since you're gonna be up here in three weeks, you'll find out ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom