A Few More Red Sea W/A Photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Back from the Red Sea, just in time for two snowstorms in Boston.

I'm glad I chose to dive with U-Dive in Eilat. They are a small operation with all new equipment. It cost less to hire an instructor for guided dives than to do boat diving out of Sharm.

Olympus SP-310 & PT-030 housing
Sea & Sea wide angle lens w/ 46-58mm step up ring
Sea & Sea YS-60/S strobe with Heinrichs-Weikamp adapter
You are bringing back memories....great one's - I did Eliat about 9 years ago - while there are better sites on the Red Sea, I thought the shore diving was fantastic and really liked the area.

Nice px too BTW

I'd like to do a liveaboard farther south (south of Sharm and Ras Muhammed) one day.

My son and his wife live in London and have invited me to join them on a trip to the Red Sea for diving. My son is certified and his wife will begin the PADI open water course this winter. I was thinking about going but I have concerns about safety for Americans. Maybe I'm over sensitive about that part of the world. Obviously you all don't have any major concerns since you all travel there but I would like to get your feelings about Americans traveling to that part of the world.

Regards,

Bill

bill, dont worry at all about your safety. you can always visit israel for your red sea diving. although egypt has better diving. israel is quite a bit safer and yes you can feel the difference, but that doesn't mean you have to miss out on the egypt diving! they have TONS of trips over the border for diving. either way, visit the red sea and go diving. they are some awesome dive sites. also, even if you do go to egypt, the people there are quite friendly, after all, they do want your money. after discussion with a lot of the arabs i've come to the conclusion that the people in those countries dont want war, the gov'ts do.i went free diving wtih quite a few egyptian arabs and we had a nice time. dont let that stuff stop you from missing out on such awesome stuff.

just my 2 cents

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom