A Fusion for the Next Generation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok...if that is the case, just how many technical divers do we have to get together before you'll make one that is just all black - no graphics, no BS, maybe just a small tasteful white logo - and one that you don't charge and arm and a leg for like the limited edition?

You could get a pallet full of sharpies, hook them up to a auto-milker with a bucket underneath, and when you're done, just dunk the suit. Then you wouldn't even need to concede a tasteful white logo.

Is it really that big of a deal?? I never realized the colours were that bad.

Now I'm tempted to try to get one just to drive my tech buddies crazy!!:)

It's not "bad" just a bit annoying and something few divers I know would have chosen if they had a choice.

And it is doubly annoying when Whites's posts their willingness to do little stunts like this in contrast to just making a skin in basic black - something that would cost them virtually nothing.

Technnical divers get the suit in spite of the graphics, but there is no need for the "in spite of" at all if whites would just acknowledge that many divers just want one in plain old black.

Are "technical divers" really that big of stick in the muds? My word -- and here I thought that "basic black" was just for the Kool-Aid drinkers. Thank goodness no one will ever think I'm a totally humorless "technical diver" who can't tolerate any variation.

Are "technical divers" really that big of stick in the muds? My word -- and here I thought that "basic black" was just for the Kool-Aid drinkers. Thank goodness no one will ever think I'm a totally humorless "technical diver" who can't tolerate any variation.

I think it is funny. If I didn't already have 2 drysuits, I would think about getting one.

Ok...if that is the case, just how many technical divers do we have to get together before you'll make one that is just all black - no graphics, no BS, maybe just a small tasteful white logo - and one that you don't charge and arm and a leg for like the limited edition?

There is a market for it as evidenced by numerous posts here and a post where you asked for ideas - and got requests for plain old black. When can we expect whites to just stop ignoring it and just make on in basic black?

White's has this. It is the Limited Edition Tech Skin. All black, small graphics, nothing wild.

Whites Diving | Fusion Dive Suit

You aren't serious are you? TONS of people object to the graphics not based on a sense of "must have black" but a simple sense of aesthetics. The graphics are HIDEOUS.

As far as the Limited Edition version, why should we have to pay MORE to get these ugly, ugly graphics off?

Whites says they're listening to their customers, but the boards show an overwhelming number of people who'd simply prefer a solid colored DS (sure, for many that's black) with a single tasteful Whites' logo, and not have to pay more for this 'option'.

As DA noted, some people are buying this suit IN SPITE of the graphics, but very, very few (if any) are buying it BECAUSE of them. I know dozen of people are holding out simply because they don't like the look of an otherwise fantastic suit. That's a silly reason for Whites to be losing money. Listen to your customers.

Will Whites oblige?

I don't know...I paid about $1800 for a fusion, tech skin and boots before all was said and done.

If I paid that much for a pin stripe suit, I'd expect the stripes to go vertical not horizontal as I am kinda stuck in the mud that way.

Why should an $1800 dry suit be different? Its one thing if it is an economy of scale thing where only one color or design allows lower cost, or if doing basic black added lots of steps and labor cost. But when Whites continues to insist on posting about all the new and wonderful color and graphics options, it begs the question of why technical divers can't just get one in basic black. If they don't like it, they can either do one in black to shut up a fair segment of their potential market or stop telling people about fads and really small niche markets like the Captain Kirk look.

Some of it is just tradition. Back in the day, nylon 2 (nylon inside and outside) wet suits came primarily in blue. Blue was the default as the dye used on blue nylon left it more flexible and stretchy than other colors of dye. Nylon 1 (nylon only on the inside to help it slide on better) wet suits came in basic black (the color of the neoprene) with blue nylon inside to maximize the flexibility. There the choice was any color you want for a lot more money, or better flexibility at a stock suit price and for the most part suits were black or shades of blue and it was its own fashion statement of sorts.

Also, I am not a real fan of graphics. Sooner or later after crawling through enough restrrictions, with enough age,wear or sunlight, graphics start to peel and eventually I'll have a suit with power ranger feathers.

I will admit most of it is just personal irritation that they seem to keep ignoring the oft requested Henry Ford any color as long as its Black skin and do stuff like this. If I let them call it the Model T Edition, can I get one?

I live with the current graphics because I like the suit, but I don't like the graphics. However, I know a number of divers who have been turned off by the current gaphics and won't even consider the suit. Whether it is because they are "stuck in the mud" or not should not be the issue, the issue should be that Whites is losing sales because they do not offer (reasonably priced) plain jane option and that makes no sense.

White's has this. It is the Limited Edition Tech Skin. All black, small graphics, nothing wild.

Whites Diving | Fusion Dive Suit
I really wish you'd have read the post first - I clearly mentioned the Limited Edition - and that you pay through the nose for it.

If they offered that color and graphic option in the regular tech skin or, did not over charge for the "limited" option, I'd be fine with it.

:lotsalove:
You'd sell more suits if you didn't have these stupid graphics all over them. I know at least a dozen people who have told me they'd buy this suit if you'd just do it in a neutral color, no ugly logos. Why you insist on adding the dumb Power Ranger effects is beyond most of us. At worst, make it an OPTION.

I think they do.....it's called a FUSION SPORT

All black seems pretty neutral to me! I think Whites has done a great job adding some creativity and colour to the industry. Perhaps more companies should consider doing things just like this, and we would attract a younger crowd keeping this industry alive. Instead it is full people who spend all their time talking a dive.

" I remember when sex was safe and diving was dangerous " :ar15:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom