A Little Bragging

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congratulations.

Frame the cert.

My DAN DES cert is up in my "man cave". It is actually more of a "dive cave". But only "I" ever see it.

Keep divin!

I suppose it does mean I gave them more money. But I believe it's for a good cause. I think Master Diver means I went through the extra effort to learn how to become a better diver. I didn't choose useless specialty courses, I chose ones that help a lot. (Peak buoyancy, enriched air, wreck diver, etc) and I took my rescue diver which was well worth the cost. So I learned a lot for my money. I gained a lot of experience, and I worked hard for this certification. So money well spent. Thank you everyone for all the congrats!

Yeah, that's what I did. It was enjoyable, but it was also quite a lot of work to get that knowledge and those certs. Sometimes that is glossed over when talking about the PADI money thing.

I don't get it. What REALLY is Master Diver? Will anyone please answer? I REALLY don't know. I'd like to get one of those diplomas to frame up and put on my wall. Sounds impressive.

Congrats, a fine accomplishment to be sure!!!!

Garrobo master diver (from memory so may be a little off) 50+ dives, 5 specilities, AOW, and Rescue Diver. Lots of time and learning goes into it and the diver comes out knowing more about his scuba.

I don't get it. What REALLY is Master Diver? Will anyone please answer? I REALLY don't know. I'd like to get one of those diplomas to frame up and put on my wall. Sounds impressive.

A Master Diver is a subject, having only been discussed ten zillion times on SB, resulting in ten thousand posts, including questioning why anyone would do it, why NAUI's is SO much better than PADI's (because it's a REAL course with real dives--at least 8 more-- and THEORY), why anyone wouldn't just take the courses and NOT send PADI the $50 or so fee for a useless card, why I would never show that card while around any divers at all (except it's good to get chicks...),.............. A newly minted Master Diver is one who receives a congrats or two on SB, then some criticism about why he did it, then the criticizer gets criticized for not letting the OP enjoy his accomplishment, then all the stuff listed above begins. A LUCKY Master Diver is one who was given the free backpack, excellent for collecting beads and other crap thrown from the N.O. Mardi Gras floats. Sorry for the rant, but it did save doing a search.......

Last edited:
Congratulations. You took the time to learn more about diving and in the process Im sure became a better diver for it. A much more productive way to spend your time and money, way more than simply talking about diving on the internet:wink: So again, congratulations:clapping:

Yeah, Dude, congratulations. No way I could pass rescue so forget it. Can I get a Master Diver patch to sew on my wetsuit? Sounds cool. Chickies are out of the question at my age (and "you know what" health) but maybe some middle-aged rich chick might pop up and be impressed. Might be good for a free dinner and a few drinks. Eh?

Back
Top Bottom