A moment to reflect please!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As a newbie to both the board and the diving community I too am very grateful for finding this board. It is truly an informative and lively board. I have personally learned an awfull lot in the short time here. I would also extend my congarts to the monitors and regulaters of the board. Perhaps someone could give a "readers digest: version of the history of the board. Thanks Butch :thumb:

I love this board, thanks to all who make it work.
Mike

I agree, this has got to be one of the best sites going. Lots of friendly people and tons of useful info. While we have our "dissagreements" the discussions are always civil, a testament to the caliber of people we have here. Just for grins, I went back and looked at the members list...with the exception for the King and Ladydiver, it looks like I am the oldest active poster.... who would of thunk it....except maybe my wife who wonders who I am always talking to....Long live the board.

Hey King Neptune & Lady DIver,

I know it’s hard to believe, but I too, have a soft side (other than my head) for this board. I have learned a lot (especially from the Docs) and have made quite a few new friends... no, REALLY! There was one of 'em here just a moment ago!

I am not sure what gave you the initial vision, but ya'll have surely filled a void in the SCUBA community. I see all venues of the SCUBA world represented here, and for the most part, it is quite civil.

Now that being said... I do have two gripes with Mario...

First... WHERE ARE THE MIRRORS? You said something about a reflection and what not and I came in here to find mirrors.

Second...You beat me to it... good post and great thoughts!!! (and I'm still glad that it's not me you're mad at)

:tease:

I'll chime in and say much of the same.

If'n it weren't fer this place,
  1. the Texas Swamp Dive Team would have never been founded
  2. I never would have met any other cool dive buddies (Tom V, Corsair, Des, BLT, and all....."I LOVE YOU GUYS!")
  3. I still would be carrying too much weight in my BC
  4. I wouldn't have had the chance to learn as much as I do about gear, skills, techniques, etc in such a short period of time
  5. I wouldn't have had the chance to be chums with Mario
  6. I probably would have spent way too much money buying the wrong gear because I didn't know as much about it as I should have before the purchase
  7. I might have not gotten as caught up in this sport as I am

and finally,
  8. I never would have learned all of the varients of a Redneck Diver.
Mucho Gracias to KN & LD for providing us a place to gather, learn and have fun!

I have to say that this board makes my day. I can be totally wiped out from my day at work, wishing I could be swimming with the fishes, and get on here and be happy on the land. THANKS!!!

Bottoms Up....Bubbles Up!!!

Oh by the way one of assistant instructors at my LDS says I am a dive freak. I am totally into it and love it.

Cindy

...but let's make it official. This is a great site. I absolutely rate this place as the #1 source for any Scuba related questions or issues.

If you don't find an answer here, well, you weren't really looking and I even enjoy it on those rare moments when the discussions/debates get a little testy.

Keep up the good work, KN, LD and all you regulator types.

Definately the best dive forum around! I have read in others, and never do you get the quality of responses, the variety of responses, or the quantity of responses anywhere else, except on the SCUBABOARD. I have read in others, but this is the only one that I post on, and the only one that I have an login for. I try to make it here every day, to the point that I have been called "obsessed" more than once. For a new diver, this is definately the place to find a wealth of information. I am going to go out on a limb here and say that a board like this can level the playing field between the quality of instruction amongst the recreation dive certification agencies. Which basically means that I learn a lot here. The site is aesthetically pleasing, and very well organized. The amount of work that the KN and LD have put into this site is amazing.

By the way, does the King Neptune live in some sort of Graceland aquarium?

...to what everyone just said! (Except Joe's comments about the new regulators, of course... harumph... :p)

I came across this site by accident just after I became a scubafreak (yes, Cindy there are many of us!) only 4 months ago - can't believe it's such a short time; I feel like I've been here forever - and have been hooked ever since. For a forum of any kind, the Scubaboards are truly unique in the level of help offered (without flaming) to one and all and just in general intelligence, fun and humour - boy, is there ever enough of that!

Thanks to Mario for starting this thread so we can express our gratitude to it's creators, the King and LadyDiver. You've done great things with this site - keep it up (and let me know if there's anything I can do to help you guys!)

:)

I must concur with all of the above! As a brand new diver - I have learned so much here over the past couple months. Thank you King & Lady!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regulators??? We don't need no stinkin' regulators!!! <S>

What exactly does a board regulator do, anyway?? hee hee

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom