A New Mile (and a half) High Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to the forum Tim. I camp the Leadville area frequently and even in the hottest part of the year, the water's pretty cold up there. Even with a 7mm suit I doubt that you would enjoy it. Something else to be aware of is that your have different dive tables diving at altitude so you might want to concider your AOW before diving up there.

My dos centavos worth!

P.S. A LDS (local dive shop) that has social outings during the summer months is Coral Reef in Arvada. You might want to pay them a visit.

Tim sounds like the crater is a few degrees warmer than a few months ago. We've had all our group up there to dive it. If you get there early enough its pretty clear. But if you're there late in the day the water gets a bit foggy on you. The cold water hose feels good after a dive doesn't it!

Happy Diving

I'll be there too DandyDon!

See you there..........

Thanks for all your responses! I sort of figured a 3mm suit would not work in Leadville, so I guess I will look around for something thicker. I haven't been on this site for very long, but I am learning a lot from all of you. Thanks for your input.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom