A Question that Really Happened

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

limeyx:
agreed (for once !) Abort the dive, and make sure the "key guardians" are aware what is going on down there.

EDIT: And this for me is a bit less of "liability" than it is -- what if I am coming out of the cave in a "hurry" -- some emergency happened. Am I going to run into a huge cloud of silt or people laying all kinds of line in all kinds of crazy places.

it would be a question of personal safety, and why risk your life?

if this is a site where more often than not people who are not cave trained are present at the entrance, I would probably consider other sites to dive at.

The OW divers that go in there aren't running lines. With the flow, their silting isn't going to cause you problems trying to exit (not that it should anyway).

Besides how can you get more of a line mess than there can be be at at places like
P1. I've seen so many lines run in there at once that it looked like a spider web. LOL

As far as picking a different cave dive...yes that's probably best. I've dived vortex while helping with a survey and after teaching days there. Otherwise, I go someplace else.

Cheekymonkey:
Yea i'm no cave diver, but if you just completed the dive you run the risk of being stuck behind one of their dead dumbasses on the way out.

This is why I advocate the use of knives instead of just shears. Cut his *** out the way. :wink:

Seriously, I wouldn't have any concern about them killing themselves. That's their issue. I would worry about them screwing with a line or coming in there there and silting it out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom