A teachable moment...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good ride this morning, 35 minutes, some intervals. I am on the next to top gear in the cluster now during intervals. I will probably head for the top gear next week. Hard not to get bored in the saddle, but I don't have a date when I can road ride yet.

Started some Yoga practice this morning, I have a lot to learn here, but some of the emphasis on breath control could be useful in diving. 1x35 et 1x40 today, hard intervals in the evening. The knee feels noticably better than even last week.

Today, six weeks after I injured myself there, I walked back into the gym to work out. I did an up-tempo, high volume upper body workout with some abdominal work at the end. It was nice to get back. I'll peddle this evening 40 minutes or so.

PT last night went really well. The therapist is very impressed with my progress. I am headed to the gym in a few moments to mount the elliptical trainer for the first non bicycling CV work in 7 weeks. Its snowing hard and seemingly endlessly at the moment, with every weather change I feel a pang of desire to go play in the new environment, but not for now...

More elliptical trainer work, a hard 30 minutes, right into spinning yesterday. It was good, though I had some inflamation later. More spinning this morning, and strength training tomorrow. I am making definite dive plans now for early to mid-may. I got in the water for 800m of easy breast stroke on Sunday and though the frog kick is worst case for the knee, it went well, with a minimum of pain and inflamation.

Was in the pool Saturday and Sunday. It all went well. I continue to spin and otherwise train. I have set the end of the month as my return to diving with a trip to FL.

rookers:
I got in the water for 800m of easy breast stroke on Sunday and though the frog kick is worst case for the knee, it went well, with a minimum of pain and inflamation.
As a former swimmer.....be careful with breast stroke! It can be brutal on the knees. I injured my knee and that was the end of breast stroke for me! Ok with me, as that ment no 200 & 400 IM!!!:eyebrow: Keep up the hard work!!!!!:D

Back to the pool today for some more. I did my second squatting/leg extension session on Thursday. There was a little inflamation and pain on Friday, but minimal. I am well over 1000 miles post op now on my road bike. I am going to unmount it from the wind trainer next week, install some floating system peddles (speedway) and start riding outside!

Outdoor riding has been delayed by inclement weather, but should happen this week. I am still spinning away, adding in more elliptical training and swimming. The bad news is my gym is closing, so I will have to find somewhere down the hill in Boulder. Rehab is still going great and I am set to get wet for real in a little less than two weeks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom