A Tip: Ladies, for putting on a wetsuit hood

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good point Mania. Does anyone know of a conditioner that is NOT harmful? I also need to figure something different out for water water dives. I don't wear a hood then. Guess I'll need to try some spray in detangler.

I take a little tube of conditioner to put on my hair after the dive. A little dap 'l do ya. R

I used to do this when I had long hair. What I would do is before I put my hair back into a braid or whatever I would comb small amount of conditioner through my wet hair and then tie it back. Then when you have finished your dive, it's really easy to comb out your hair.

Mel

I use Biolage Conditioning Balm...by far the very best product I have used in more than ten years of diving with hair of all lengths from waist to short short.

Right now hair is just below shoulders and I need only a dime sized amount. Hood or not. When I had longer hair I didn't use much more than that...I find that I don't need to drench it so much as have a very slight coating. After diving, I can fresh water rinse and head out to dinner or whatever.

Impact on the environment? With this minimum amount I doubt there is much - even with 1000s of divers at a single location. But there is bound to be some...everything we do does to some degree - each diver must choose where their limits are. There are many other things that I feel impact more significantly that I can control (reusing my towels at the hotel, choosing an operator with a well maintained vessel & compressor, walking instead of driving etc) and many that I can't.

Alcina
I don't want to start an ecological debate over the hair conditioner but there is something as scale effect. Every tiny thing is always a part of a big one. So thinking about the small ones (and some are smaller - like hair conditioner, some are a bit bigger - like towels in the hotels) may help a bit the entire pictrue.
Anyway as I wrote - I don't comb my hair (only when washing them) so I don't have that much of a problem and sea water is for various reasons a blessing to my hair...
But it would not cross my mind to use hair conditioner as a tool for putting the wet hood on :D
Mania

mania:
. Every tiny thing is always a part of a big one. So thinking about the small ones (and some are smaller - like hair conditioner, some are a bit bigger - like towels in the hotels) may help a bit the entire pictrue.
Mania

This is entirely true and I am sorry if I was not clear in my post.

pennypue:
Good point Mania. Does anyone know of a conditioner that is NOT harmful?
Is anything NOT harmful? I know that the KMS line of haircare products are as natural as you can get without having to refrigerate them (that means there are probaby trace amounts of preservatives in the small amounts we are discussing). Most decent salon and beauty supply stores carry the line. Supercuts is a major chain carrying the line.

Read more about their line here: http://www.kmshaircare.com

Interesting that they have a 'Sea Salt Spray' to help with curling...

Wow that's something for me!!!! If I don't use gel my hair are in a total mess. Sea water makes them hard with lovely curles. I should get this spray...
:D
Mania

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom