Aaaaaaaaarrrrrtgggghhhhhhhhh

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Barracuda2:
Hey Doc,
Don't you guys have any quarrys in England? We did a quarry dive here in Ohio even though the weather was blustery, misty, blowing snow at times, and cold. The weather didn't stop about 80 divers on New Years day.

Plenty of quarries but theres only so many times you can dive the same muddy puddle looking at the one tiny rusting van without getting bored.

Even in the quarries after heavy rain a lot of them get literally zero vis due to runoff.

Oh, whine, whine, whine...

Where I live, the diving season pretty much comes to a screeching halt during the winter. No, I don't have a drysuit. Quarries and lakes get downright cold, and it's a loooong way to an ocean (and the weather there is way too unpredictable this time of year to make the risk of driving it worth it). Can't afford Cozumel so soon after Christmas.
While I do sympathize over the called dive (that always stings) just remember...there are those of us who will go a LOT longer before we manage to get underwater. Does misery love company?

BUT, I do plan to dive a spring next month. That will help.

Barracuda2:
Hey Doc,
Don't you guys have any quarrys in England? We did a quarry dive here in Ohio even though the weather was blustery, misty, blowing snow at times, and cold. The weather didn't stop about 80 divers on New Years day.

Yeah we got quarries....but my nearest is 2 hours away and BOOOORING!!! I know, piccy idiot inni:shakehead

WarrenZ:
What kind of weather and type of dive was it? I sympathize with you.

It was going to be a 32mk (100 ft ish) dive on a wreck called the Persia off Plymouth. A fantastic wreck with more fish life than you can shake a stick at!! It is on the DIVER web site wreck map.
Have a look, she is gorgeous.

Winds 32 mph from the south, serious bumpy ride!

rawls:
Ativan Doc...or Xanax....

I have a trip booked for next weekend. If we make it out then I will write back and rub it in...

Last time i ask you for sympathy!!:rofl3:

String:
Ive been back from malta for 6 weeks and so far have cancelled a total of 15 dives ALL due to the weather.

Warmest winter in history but that just means more rain and wind. Not managed to dive at all since i got back here.

At the moment we seem to be getting a 60-80mph atlantic storm coming in every 3 days. Its ridiculous.

Tell me about it bud...i reckon we get pretty much the same weather as you being reasonably close and all.

Which part of sunny wales/dive centre you at?

hi guy's come live in my world the last time we got to launch the boat was october the best i'll be able to do will be a shore dive to 8m hopefully next weekend
living on the west coast of ireland we get it all i'll have some pics to upload soon of the 30 ft waves coming in the bay last weekend

skinnydogdives:
hi guy's come live in my world the last time we got to launch the boat was october the best i'll be able to do will be a shore dive to 8m hopefully next weekend
living on the west coast of ireland we get it all i'll have some pics to upload soon of the 30 ft waves coming in the bay last weekend

Oouuuch, thats a hell of a surf entry:no :no

Being on the west coast of Ireland, we must get pretty much the same weather. Been thinking of a little dive trip to ireland. whens the best time to go? Whats the diving like? You part of a DC or can you recommend a charter and accomodation etc?

Questions questions questions !!

OOOPPPPSSSSS...just realised got my east and west mixed up!! fancy doing a nav speciality with me!! :)

You get all the atlantic weather dont you

all of it i dive in killkee west clare the diving when you can get in is amazing walls down to 40m swimthroughs gully's and a sea arch at 15m all on one divesite
best time to come is may to september just google kilkee dive centre for info there are loads of b+b's around and 3 hotels in trhe town but they need to be booked in june or july

Back
Top Bottom