Aaaaaaaaarrrrrtgggghhhhhhhhh

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

we do try to get in in march april but you never know with the weather our best forcast is only 3-4 day's. we have about 40 sites within 25mins of the slip on good days

PM replied to. Got any pictures, sound great

don't have any at the moment but i bought my other half a fuji f10 and housing for christmas :) so i'll be bringing that on the next dive.

skinnydogdives:
don't have any at the moment but i bought my other half a fuji f10 and housing for christmas :) so i'll be bringing that on the next dive.

look forward to it!:D

I've had to cancel dives twice already since January 01 due to nasty weather.

Don't mind the rain so much, but when the wind gets up over 40 knots or so it tends to stir things up a little to much for it to be worthwhile.

Might be cancelling another one today ... waiting for a phone call from my instructor ...

(BTW - the F10 is a fine camera ...)

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Diving Doc:
Tell me about it bud...i reckon we get pretty much the same weather as you being reasonably close and all.

Which part of sunny wales/dive centre you at?

Brecon beacons area (about 30 miles north of cardiff).

Roughly 2hrs drive to milford haven where the club boats are based, just over an hour to the muddy puddle known as NDC.

Not attached to a dive centre in any way shape or form (dont/cant padi instruct in the UK due to the HSE regs making it near impossible to do for fun) so only bsac here :)

...and as i write this bits of tree are blowing past the window and rivers of water yet again running down the roads. Yep, its been pissing down all day AGAIN and yep, 3 more storms forecast for the week so almost certainly no diving next weekend either.

Incidentally, unlucky with the wreck. Do you mean Perseus ? (ive not heard of persia)

That's alright...the weather here has been GREAT (Central PA) but I've had the crud and don't feel like getting my "Warhammer" certification just yet!

THAT is enough to pi$$ you off!

String:
Brecon beacons area (about 30 miles north of cardiff).

Roughly 2hrs drive to milford haven where the club boats are based, just over an hour to the muddy puddle known as NDC.

Not attached to a dive centre in any way shape or form (dont/cant padi instruct in the UK due to the HSE regs making it near impossible to do for fun) so only bsac here :)

...and as i write this bits of tree are blowing past the window and rivers of water yet again running down the roads. Yep, its been pissing down all day AGAIN and yep, 3 more storms forecast for the week so almost certainly no diving next weekend either.

Incidentally, unlucky with the wreck. Do you mean Perseus ? (ive not heard of persia)

No bud definetly Persia. Youll find it in the diver online wreck reports.

Yeah just looke at metcheck and not looking clever is it, may have to be vobster next week, yeeeeuccch. I think one of the branches that left you earlier has just arrived here!!:shakehead

Buoyant1:
That's alright...the weather here has been GREAT (Central PA) but I've had the crud and don't feel like getting my "Warhammer" certification just yet!

THAT is enough to pi$$ you off!

Thanks for rubbing it in!:D

Whats the war hammer certificate....is it similar to the toostupidtosayno award?

Divin'Hoosier:
I can empathize Doc. Living in the midwest, the Great Lakes can be very unpredictable. It happened to me on my last scheduled wrecking diving trip of the season last fall on Lake Michigan out of Chicago. It really sucks when the captain canceled because the forecast sucked, only to have it turn out to be a great day on the lake. :light: :light: :light: :light: :light: That's exactly what happened in that instance.

and that Jim is why I started the thread about diving Great Lakes :) an embarrassment as well as a disappointment

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom