Aaaaaaaaarrrrrtgggghhhhhhhhh

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheHobster:
and that Jim is why I started the thread about diving Great Lakes :) an embarrassment as well as a disappointment

Hopefully not an embarrassment on your account. Wasn't your fault at all. Now as far as the boat captain, that's a different story! I'd say we hit something on Lake Huron on the eastcoast of MI this summer.

Diving Doc:
Thanks for rubbing it in!:D

Whats the war hammer certificate....is it similar to the toostupidtosayno award?

Do a search on warhammer and prepared to be grossed out....(don't say I didn't warn ya)

In three days I have to leave J. here in Japan to go back to work in Baton Rouge, which is enough to make me sob for a week, easy. Still, I get back in time for a three-day weekend, and my dry gloves should be waiting for me to introduce them to my drysuit when I get home!

But wait... what's this? Oh, *no*! It seems I have just come down with a *cold*. :(

I guess I'll have to drown my sorrows in pizza (with pepperoni! wonderful *pepperoni*!) and root beer. I might even have to buy a six-pack or two of Abita root beer for this one. Well, at least I'll get to see the kitties again... :( *sniffle* :sad: *sob* :sad2:

(Incidentally, here in Fukuoka, they just plain don't have pepperoni. They have pizza at some of the Italianish restaurants, but never have I found pepperoni. On the other hand, once I perfect an Americanization of their potato-and-bacon pizza... oooh.)

Buoyant1:
Do a search on warhammer and prepared to be grossed out....(don't say I didn't warn ya)

Oh thank you so much....thank god the link didnt work.

Descriptions bad enough

Rawls:
Ativan Doc...or Xanax....

I have a trip booked for next weekend. If we make it out then I will write back and rub it in...

Ok Doc...I'm quoting myself to let you know that I just went diving today on the Papoose (which is now the Hutton, but still called the Papoose because none of the NC wreck diving community really gives a hoot...and it confuses people like me and visitors...May get scolded for saying that:)...And the Schurz.

Scenario...Today, January 13 2007...30 miles out, off Cape Lookout, NC...
Air temperature: 74 degrees
Water temperature:72 degrees
Visibility: 50 fsw
Marine Life: Recall that NC was ranked #1 in marine life encounters...or is it big marine life???
Saw three huge lion fish...Beautiful destroyers
Sand tigers everywhere on both wrecks.
Spinners (black tip sharks)
Amberjack
Big grouper...little grouper
Tropical fish still hanging out till around February
Also did a penetration inside the Papoose...err...Hutton...and tried out my new $800 Greenforce. Boy have I been given sh*it for buying a flashlight for $800. One guy looked at it on the way out and said...that's a cave light...I said...yep...but lets see what it does deep inside a wreck. He went inside with me and a buddy and I used my back up. When we got out of the sight of light, I turned the backup off and turned on the Greenforce and it lit the inside up like a stadium. Heck of a cave light...
Just another fantastic day of diving off the NC coast with Capt Leroy on the Captain's Lady...:D
What was that Canadian place that got #1 in wreck diving...:rofl3:

rawls:
Ok Doc...I'm quoting myself to let you know that I just went diving today on the Papoose (which is now the Hutton, but still called the Papoose because none of the NC wreck diving community really gives a hoot...and it confuses people like me and visitors...May get scolded for saying that:)...And the Schurz.

Scenario...Today, January 13 2007...30 miles out, off Cape Lookout, NC...
Air temperature: 74 degrees
Water temperature:72 degrees
Visibility: 50 fsw
Marine Life: Recall that NC was ranked #1 in marine life encounters...or is it big marine life???
Saw three huge lion fish...Beautiful destroyers
Sand tigers everywhere on both wrecks.
Spinners (black tip sharks)
Amberjack
Big grouper...little grouper
Tropical fish still hanging out till around February
Also did a penetration inside the Papoose...err...Hutton...and tried out my new $800 Greenforce. Boy have I been given sh*it for buying a flashlight for $800. One guy looked at it on the way out and said...that's a cave light...I said...yep...but lets see what it does deep inside a wreck. He went inside with me and a buddy and I used my back up. When we got out of the sight of light, I turned the backup off and turned on the Greenforce and it lit the inside up like a stadium. Heck of a cave light...
Just another fantastic day of diving off the NC coast with Capt Leroy on the Captain's Lady...:D
What was that Canadian place that got #1 in wreck diving...:rofl3:

Now thats really hateful, me still not been diving:shakehead :shakehead :shakehead Yeah I have the Greenforce F2 with both the pro and video heads. Try taking it on a night dive, the dive guides will never lose you, even though u might blind them:D

Diving Doc:
Now thats really hateful, me still not been diving Yeah I have the Greenforce F2 with both the pro and video heads. Try taking it on a night dive, the dive guides will never lose you, even though u might blind them

Yep...The thing is bright. The fish don't like it either. I move it around alot so I won't focus on any particular fish or school, in order not to blind them. That would bother me greatly. I hope you get to dive soon and have a great dive Doc....

Back
Top Bottom