Above-water Miami sightseeing recs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gombessa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey Floridians, greetings from Silicon Valley.

I'm going to be in Miami for a weekend, and unfortunately I won't be doing any diving. Instead, I'm looking for some interesting topside activities. I'll probably spend a lot of time milling about South Beach and Little Havana, but I'd love to hear local recommendations on what's worth doing and most importantly, what's good eating (particularly any good Cuban and Nuevo Latino cuisine)? Any local favorite spots or must-see/must-do activities for a short two-day stay?

Thanks!
Kenn

El Versailles, as mentioned, is good cuban food.. Also La Carreta which is accross the street. They are located on sw 8 street and about..hmm 30 ave... you'll have to google it..

Lincoln Road in South Beach has a lot of restaurants ...

Texas de Brasil is a brazilian restaurant that is really good ... they are in Dolphin Mall (about 20 - 30 minutes west of above location...

hmm, what else? Bayside, of course... It's on the water, lots of restaurants, places to go have a drink, lots of pretty women :D ...there is a hard rock in there as well... that is by downtown miami.. on Biscayne Blvd... right before getting on to the highway to south beach..

Texas de Brazil is in the South Beach area too!! 3rd and Alton I believe. It has a nice view of the Bay and Downtown. It is my personal favorite place.

Versailles is really good cuban food. The interior wasn't the greatest I have ever seen though.

I live on Lincoln and the places that I enjoy are Novacento, Balans, Spris, Davids Cafe and Icebox. Last, I know its a bit of a tourist trap but Joe's Stone Crab is back (the menu sucks during summer hours)!!! I highly suggest that. Hope that helps.

Go for a drive out to Key Biscayne, Bill Baggs Park, over the Rickenbacher Cswy. Stop at the Oasis on Key Biscayne,(next to the 7-11) and get some "to go" cuban food to eat at the park. Pan con Bistek is a kind of steak sandwich with french fries on it.

Go for a drive down Main Hwy south of Coconut Grove to Matheson Hammock Park.

Grab breakfast at one of the many cuban coffee shops. Jamon Croquetas, a guava con queso pastry and a cafe con leche, you're good to go for the morning.

Four words for you:

LOCK YOUR CAR DOORS

Awesome, thanks so much everyone! The "lock your car" comment has me thinking - is a rental car recommended for a weekend stay, or is cab/metromover/etc. sufficient to hit the major sites? We love walking but realize that the temperatures are pretty high during the day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom