Accessing Dive Info on the UEMIS SDA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Idea is to gain enough insight into the data and data transfer to be able to extract data and put it into DiveLog. Once this is done "regular users" will only need to purchase DiveLog and sync with it.

I have been working on Uemis support before (around the end of last year), but due to a lack of time not much has happened since then. I'll have a look again and pick up where I left. I'm also trying to get in touch with Uemis to discuss the possibility to get some documentation.

Reactions: BB1
I have been working on Uemis support before (around the end of last year), but due to a lack of time not much has happened since then. I'll have a look again and pick up where I left. I'm also trying to get in touch with Uemis to discuss the possibility to get some documentation.
Given the state of UEMIS, I doubt that you'll get much from them :-(

Is there something that the community could do to help you? Any data we can provide? Something we should run against the drive image? Traces that you need?

More than happy to help...

If any one could put the original .jar file on line somewhere i can take a look at it as my job is working on the J2EE field...

The .zip file here is unreadable.

Regards.

Nemesis

Reactions: BB1
Hi nemesis,

I thought that zip file was no good as well but just go ahead an extract the file and rename it to add .jar on the end. I'll upload another just in case asap!

It's weird no one can read it . I've used winrar but sometimes there are compatibility issues with zip. Maybe you'll have more luck. View attachment SyncSDA.zip

Please note that this IS NOT the regular syncsda.jar because it contains most of the decompiled java class + all original java class.

Is there something that the community could do to help you? Any data we can provide? Something we should run against the drive image? Traces that you need?

What I need most at the moment is time, because reverse engineering is usually a very time consuming process.

If you (or anyone else of course) are interested to help, you are more then welcome to contact me by email (my email address is available on the libdivecomputer website). Then we can exchange all the technical info more easily. To assist with the reverse engineering it helps to have some technical skills like basic knowledge of programming (my tools are written in good old C), knowing how to process binary data (e.g. using a hexeditor), etc.

I can also use a few more people that own a Uemis and can provide data when necessary. Someone in my neighborhood, so I can have physical access to a device, would be even better. Note that I'll also need access to your dives in the uemis online application. And because I haven't figured out yet how to share your dives with me, that means I need access (e.g. the password) to your personal account! I know it's not ideal, but I'm not aware of a better way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom