Accessing Dive Info on the UEMIS SDA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I suspect the uniqueness of the dives are the sda sn, which will normalize out to a user id on the server side, this allows multiple units to a single user while displaying the dives from all units in 1 logbook.

Is the posted dive log from the website or captured from the sda, I can see the sda sn in the dive data but not the log file.

Not in from of the dev box right now but will look some more later tonight when I get a few, it looks like some folks are making some real progress.

Schott

Unfortunately it is from the uemis website only (otherwise it would be too easy :wink: ) but yes the files contains lots of data about the sda such as settings. It's also worth mentioning that I request a full sync each time.

Fairly easy:

Under myuemis, when you click on your device under the database tab, you go to

http://www.uemis.com/en/sda/view/overview/yyyy where yyyy is a four digit number (maybe less or more, mine is 1954, possibly the number of databases registered)

then you can list all the dive using

http://www.uemis.com/en/sda/list/dive/yyyy

you'll then have all your dive list, the links to your dive profile are all listed as

http://www.uemis.com/en/sda/view/dive/xxxxx

so if you read the html code of http://www.uemis.com/en/sda/list/dive/yyyy , you'll get a list of links with xxxxx for a given user (assuming you have the proper credential to do so, impossible to read someone else's dives)

It should be reasonably easy to write a little script that asks for the login information and then downloads all the dives from that account as xml files. So if divelog or libdivecomputer could create a parser for those XML files to import them into divelog or another dive log application that should solve 25% of our problem - backing up existing dives and the dives we log as long as the uemis website is still up.
The harder 75% appears to be the offline reading of data from the SDA. I'll continue to bang my head against that.

Question: has anyone found a way to force the Sync app to actually sync a dive? I've switched to "always do full sync" instead of "fast sync". I even deleted a dive on the server. It's simply gone and not synced again. It would suck if every time I want to do a new trace / new trial I have to go diving, first... that would seriously slow down progress on my end :-(

(edited to try to turn off the unwanted automatic URL conversion)

Last edited:
Nice to see some other people trying to get out the data of the sda. I started a long time ago, decompiled the jar and created a wrapper class to sniff the communication between the 'web client' and the tinyrpc (which does the actual communication over files with the SDA) but then I stopped due to lack of time.
In my opinion, the hardest part is to get the actual data out of the dive blob... but therefor two options come to my mind:
- ask a former employee
- do several defined dives in a pressure chamber
-> fortunately I have access to both :wink: but as said the biggest problem for me is time...
but maybe if necessary and the interests is big enough I may allocate some spare time for this project as I would really love to sync to a 'real' pc app (as long as it works on linux)

Nice to see some other people trying to get out the data of the sda. I started a long time ago, decompiled the jar and created a wrapper class to sniff the communication between the 'web client' and the tinyrpc (which does the actual communication over files with the SDA) but then I stopped due to lack of time.
In my opinion, the hardest part is to get the actual data out of the dive blob... but therefor two options come to my mind:
- ask a former employee
- do several defined dives in a pressure chamber
-> fortunately I have access to both :wink: but as said the biggest problem for me is time...
That is so true. If only I had time. Access to a pressure chamber and a former employee would of course be useful, too.
but maybe if necessary and the interests is big enough I may allocate some spare time for this project as I would really love to sync to a 'real' pc app (as long as it works on linux)
I'm certainly extremely interested and TnT has been very helpful so far. He and I aren't experienced Java people and more familiar with C - but we are both on Linux as well. libdivecomputer I think is the way to go - that way many apps get access to the data. We should talk offline about what we have found out so far, TnT's changes to libdivecomputer that take a stab at interpreting the data that we can get out of the SDA and your work on the java wrapper that enables tracing. I think between the three of us we might have all the skills we need.

Except for time..

Also subscribing, so I can stay up to date.

Hi everyone

I've created an import in Diving Log for these XML files, which can be extracted from the Uemis online logbook. This is more a temporary solution and not the way we want to implement eventually, but experienced users can already start getting their dives offline.

• Download and install Diving Log 5.0.3
  • Download this update zip file and extract it into the Diving Log program folder
  • Add the "Uemis SDA" import to the "My Imports" section on the left
  • Extract the XML files like described in this post and this post and save them as "dive1234.xml" and "divelog1234.xml" (replace 1234 with the dive ID or dive number)
  • Open the "dive1234.xml" file with the SDA import

This works also with the unregistered demo version of Diving Log. You can ignore the 10 dive limit message and import more than 10 Uemis dives into your logbook. Currently only one dive can be selected during import. This will be improved shortly, so you will be able to select several XML files at once and import them all together. But you can start now and send any feedback about the import quality, wrong data etc. The following profile data will be imported:

• Depth
  • Temperature
  • Tank pressure (tank 1)
  • No deco limit (data looks a bit wrong, because it jumps sometimes to one minute)
  • RGT(RBT)
  • CNS

Also data like max depth, dive time, country, city, dive site, buddy, water type, air temperature, date and time will be imported. If you have any dives with gas switches or deco dives, please send me the XML files to info (at) divinglog.de.

Sven

Last edited:
WHOOOOHOOOOO>.....GREAT JOB!!!

GUYS---- I please urge you to NOT use the free software and please support the efforts of divinglog by purchasing the software. They didn't need to do this, and I please urge you to support their efforts up to this point, as we all know they will continue to improve upon this platform! $50 is a small price to pay for not getting screwed by what has transpired with UEMIS, and we all know it :wink:

THANKS AGAIN!!!!

See Below

Hi everyone

I've created an import in Diving Log for these XML files, which can be extracted from the Uemis online logbook. This is more a temporary solution and not the way we want to implement eventually, but experienced users can already start getting their dives offline. You ROCK!!! :cool2:

If you have any dives with gas switches or deco dives, please send me the XML files to info (at) divinglog.de.

I've just sent you an email with 6 dives using 2 or 3 tank/gas sets with both xml files so no info is missed. If anyone else on the project needs these just PM me and I'll email them to you - not completely comfortable posting the zip file here! Let me know if you need anything more :D

Sven

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom