Accident because outboard engine caught fire: Part1, by lumba lumba diving centre

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a constructive suggestion for Lumba Lumba and his partisans: let this thread (and the others) die. There is no way to rescue your position, win this argument, or salvage your credibility. Don't post again. Let it die, and spare yourself a 100,000 views. Take the time and energy to honestly evaluate your business and your attitude towards safety. Make the changes that need to be made. Come back in 3 months and show us pictures of the fire extinguishers, the CO tests, the fiberglass boats--whatever.

For the rest: let this thread die. All that needs to be said has been said. There is nothing to add, and nothing to be gained by further pillorying.

It's probably best to try what so many charter bus companies do after an accident - change the name and start over.

Seriously, I tried reading the long diatribe of a "report" only to come to the conclusion that there is a severe lacking in proper business communication. The best place for that would have been a formal acknowledgement on your own web site of the accident and the mistakes made and a concerted effort to resolve them. Let the "unfounded" complaints just die.

It wasn't the accident or the actions on the boat that would have kept me away from your business. Your long vomit of an explanation, sealed the deal - very unprofessional and lacking in any maturity to put my trust into.

At this point you only have two feet, both are in your mouth, and the jury is out.

Ton,Ton,Ton, what have you don, listen get the place in order and then every SB member that PM you give them a free day Of diving on there trip. Ill just expect a good single malt scotch, and a bottle of wine from the chocolate factory.

And for the price I seen of the boat dives, thats enough to get your business going in publicity here on this thread.

I spent over a dozen hours down under in the past week, and this thread is one I wont forget.

So Lumba Lumba had came out and admitted all the guilt and hideous crimes committed.
It is the right time to BAN it for good.

Not the way I read it. They got caught breaching a fundamental rule by creating an account in someone else's name which IMHO does justify perma ban unless they can PROVE they had the permission of Dorien!

Nothing was admitted until the deceit was uncovered... there is no honor in admitting guilt AFTER you are caught red handed!

I have a constructive suggestion for Lumba Lumba and his partisans: let this thread (and the others) die. There is no way to rescue your position, win this argument, or salvage your credibility. Don't post again. Let it die, and spare yourself a 100,000 views. Take the time and energy to honestly evaluate your business and your attitude towards safety. Make the changes that need to be made. Come back in 3 months and show us pictures of the fire extinguishers, the CO tests, the fiberglass boats--whatever.

For the rest: let this thread die. All that needs to be said has been said. There is nothing to add, and nothing to be gained by further pillorying.

Hear Hear! :clapping:

First of all, let me say that I have no connection to this incident, people involved,... and know just what has been written here. I also agree completely with DevonDiver's suspicions about sockpuppetness of the "Belgian Victim". Except with this one:

I have several reasons, and I will share my observations - based only on what can be seen on the thread/s.
3) The writing style of the 'Belgian victim' is remarkably simular to Ton's IMHO. Especially in regards to punctuation (use of comma) to break down sentences unnecessarily. Simularity of writing style seems unlikely from two separate writers, neither of whom speak English as their primary language.

A part of Belgium is Flemish speaking, a language extremely close to Dutch. I've lived in both countries and noticed that they tend to make very similar mistakes in both written and spoken English. In written it is exactly the punctuation that seems to cause most problems.

However, as I wrote earlier this in no way "exonerates" the "Belgian Victim".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom