Activities while diving DIR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Green_Manelishi:
Actually one holds the bag, the second tickles the lobster, the third grabs the lobster and bags it. The lobster are evenly divided at dinner; 1 claw for two, the tail for the third.

Jokes are on the way. How many DIR divers does it take to catch a bug? How many does it take to shoot a bag?

<I'm kidding...>

mikkilj:
Is lemon butter DIR? :wink:

It depends on the mixture and how you use it. 100% butter is too rich to use early on, but towards the end of the meal, it would be acceptable.

Beware of richer mixes, they accelerate offgassing.

noone shoulde be digging or taking **** off reefs and wrecks anyway. It destroys the ecosystem for the creatures who live there and ruins it for future diver. What are we, living in the dark ages where they broought up whole reefs for the acquarium?! Keep your fngers to yourself and leave only bubbles!!

Jo Swiecicka:
noone shoulde be digging or taking **** off reefs and wrecks anyway. It destroys the ecosystem for the creatures who live there and ruins it for future diver. What are we, living in the dark ages where they broought up whole reefs for the acquarium?! Keep your fngers to yourself and leave only bubbles!!

No one is promoting digging or bringing things off of reefs, which are an ecosystem in and of themselves. However, pulling a porthole off of a wreck or digging through the silt inside to find a plate is hardly destroying any ecosystem nor ruining the dive for future divers. Wrecks are glorified abandoned trash. Unless they have historical significance, what is there will just rot away where no one will ever see it again. Pulling a lobster out of a hole is simply hunting and there are laws governing that in order to protect what is best for the ecosystem.

Its 4:30 am where I am right now, and I just rolled out of my bed I was laughing so hard. I will never be able to eat lobster again without thinking about this thread.

Green_Manelishi:
Actually one holds the bag, the second tickles the lobster, the third grabs the lobster and bags it. The lobster are evenly divided at dinner; 1 claw for two, the tail for the third.

Lobsters have claws? What planet are your guys from?:D

Jon
Planet California
Home of the Clawless Lobster and mercury infested tuna.

Jo Swiecicka:
noone shoulde be digging or taking **** off reefs and wrecks anyway.
Tourist. :whack:

You seem to have the impression he's talking about diving on coral reefs, or pristine freshwater wrecks. Digging in the sand isn't going to hurt the granite boulders that form the reefs around here, and if nobody salvages the artifacts from a salt water wreck in the northeastern US, they'll be gone for all intents and purposes... especially if nobody digs. They won't be there for other divers to enjoy, they'll be at the bottom of a pile of collapsed and corroded deck plates washed over with sand. Up here, the ocean eats dead ships.

MSilvia:
Up here, the ocean eats dead ships.

not so much "eats" as "chews and spits out" and then "chews and spits out"
and then "chews and spits out..."

and so on

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom