Actual Experience with Shearwater AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UPDATE: Another 2 dives today. One for 82 minutes and a second one for 50 min (I was getting cold!!) I switched wetsuits to a 5 mm; water was 76-78. Still got cold after back to back dives.:coolsnow: Performance was spot on and flawless. No issues whatsoever.

I've now enclosed 2 pictures of my set up for you to see where my stuff is.

Attachments

• IMG_4308-web.jpg
    IMG_4308-web.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_4307-web.jpg
    IMG_4307-web.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 279
Last edited:
Finally got all the honey-do's done and ran out to the lake for my first Shearwater / Perdix dive..
Coming from the X1, I really like the screen real estate size / color / contrast..
I was diving SM with 2x transmitters.. I found it much more convenient to monitor tank pressure on my wrist rather than retrieving SPGs..
I've never had issues with running a tank too far down because I wasn't paying attention, but it is nice to have the info at a glance..

I only clocked just over 30 minutes thanks to a flooded drysuit.. Looking forward to diving with it more..

Someone had one out today for a dive with us. 2 transmitters.

On pg 18, last paragraph about "No Comms" ..... it's true. My 21w HID interfered with both Tx (most likely overpowering the front end of the Rx with 'garbage')

_R

Someone had one out today for a dive with us. 2 transmitters.

On pg 18, last paragraph about "No Comms" ..... it's true. My 21w HID interfered with both Tx (most likely overpowering the front end of the Rx with 'garbage')

_R

Can you explain more please? I was using a HID light as well and did not have any issues as stated.

Don't quite know to be honest, probably RF noise coming off the ballast driving the HID bulb either being too "Loud" and/or too close in frequency to what the receiver is looking for....

_R

I have a Can Light myself made by Light Monkey. No issue; perhaps you should contact Shearwater for assistance. Their customer service is outstanding. Let us know please.

Funny.
Pointless, but funny.

I cared enough to post a personal experience about a 21w HID vs the AI.

Now, I really couldn't care less what happens (in the water) to your side of the pond, south of the old territory, or in this thread.

Cheerio!

_R

Back
Top Bottom