Advanced certified

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bill (Dsquid),

Sorry, haven't checked this thread in a while

I guessed that you posted that link to NAUI to show me that the simulated deco dive isn't listed as one of the dive activities. The idea of a simulated deco dive is specifically mentioned in the NAUI Standards and Procedures manual. Even if it were not, as you say, we have the leeway to add activities and info to make the course more interesting, useful, or challenging. Oh, and fun!

Neil
NAUI Inst. 16372

I also completed my AOW with PADI after only 8 dives. No this did not make me an "Advanced" diver, only a diver with more knowledge and experience. I had a great instructor and there were only two of us in the course. Lots of attention and great help. I have to agree with most that the advanced diver is based on number of dives in a period of time. eg 50 dives in 1-2 yrs and not 50 dives in 7-8 years. My next step is too complete the rescue diver and then I will feel more like an advanced diver. Butch :froggy:

Back
Top Bottom