advanced course..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snuggle

Reaction score
im thinking of doing of getting my advanced card while down there in late april in ft lauderdale..any recomendations would be apreciated..(OHHH MIKEEEEE )lol..thanks in advance and i really am looking forward to meeting some of you down there for some diving..

snuggle:
im thinking of doing of getting my advanced card while down there in late april in ft lauderdale..any recomendations would be apreciated..(OHHH MIKEEEEE )lol..thanks in advance and i really am looking forward to meeting some of you down there for some diving..

If you are interested, I'm doing my advanced which starts April 14 with Divers Den in Kendall. Cost for the course is $250.

Juan

If you're staying in Ft. Lauderdale check out Pro Dive. They are one of the best in South Florida with a great staff and a nice boat. I dive with them all the time and did my IDC with them a few years back.

All the sugggestions so far are better than anybody I could recommend. One thought is to PM Jeremy (ReefTrekker) here on the board since he's an instructor and has been known to work for pizza bones lol. Seriously, I'm eventually going to do rescue with him and he's very good with people (and local).
snuggle:

I've just got off the phone to Force-E (Pompano) and will be doing my AOW with them somewhere around the 19th - I have to call and book in a week before arriving. They seem a little informal in their booking, but their website pricing was clear and they reply to email promptly. I looked at about every dive school website in FLL and the Keys, including ProDive, but most were not clear on their charges and 'hidden' extras. By 'hidden' I don't necessarily mean deliberately concealed, but lists of what is and isn't included are often vague, incomplete and/or confusing - the book for example, is almost always extra, but seldom referred to, then there are things like administraion fees, and asterisks without corresponding footnotes...

Lack of attention to detail and clarity on a website does not bode well for teaching standards.

Just my 0.02 Euros.

K.

you are right about what you say about hidden extras..and thanks mike for the info..

I just did an about-turn and booked with ProDive for AOW on Saturday/Sunday 17/18 April. Things got a bit complicated with E-Force involving waiting for a call from some freelance instructor - I had some bad experiences with this kind of system in Jamaica. ProDive had a course ready to go on Saturday that gives me just one day to recover from the flight and to shop, but at least it's booked.

Cheers,

K.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom