Adventure Aquarium (Camden) Volunteer Program

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sea_Turtle

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I was wondering if anyone had any information on this.

Is there a huge waiting list to be in the program? How selective is it? By that, I mean do you need hundreds of dives to get in? I know the minimum is 25, but if I apply will I be up against 200-dive applicants?

I really want to get in, just wanted to get some more info on what my chances are.

Thanks!

Hey Sea Turtle:

I live sorta near you (Mount Holly), and have also been interested in that program. As of now, the only good page I could find about the program is this:

New Jersey Academy for Aquatic Sciences

Here's the main bullets from the page:
Requirements:

•Must be 18 years of age or older.

•Possess a certification from a nationally recognized scuba certification agency

•Have at least 25 logged dives (5 in the last 2 years and 2 in the last 12 months)

•Ability to volunteer 16 hours a month by committing to a set schedule of two full days ( 9:00am - 4:00pm ) per month on permanent days. (i.e.: 1st and 3rd Tuesday, 2nd and 4th Saturday

•Successfully complete an interview and pool test.

•If chosen, CPR and First Aid certification is required as well as physician approval.

They also have a PDF and web form for the application on the page. As for your question on the selectiveness of the program... dunno what to say. Call them?

Only reason I haven't applied yet is because I'm currently VERY busy on base. Hopefully in 6 months or so, things will settle down.

It has been a while since I looked at this, but I think the issue I ran into was that they really want/need people to volunteer during the week; they already have more than enough people to staff the weekends.

Again, just give them a call. What can it hurt to ask?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom