Advice on soreness after using Bio-Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am using Apollo Bio-Fins (never used any other type of fin) and I am not sure if I am incorrectly kicking or just not use to this type of movement with my legs and feet, though my ankles and feet are really sore after practicing in the pool. My hamstrings and calves are also sore, though that soreness seems more like the type of soreness expected from working out, whereas with my ankles and feet it seems like they are a different type of sore (not sure how to describe, maybe something like uncomfortable pains in my ankles after using them). I have been practicing with the fins for several weeks now. Is this normal after this amount of time? Is it likely I am not using them right?

Thanks for any suggestions.

This may sound ridiculous but you mentioned pain in your feet and ankles. If your using the spring straps are they properly sized? Maybe be there too small for your foot. I have two pair of apollo's with the springs and love them. The large set for diving wet and the LL's for diving dry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom