Advice on the Bahamas in comparison to other places?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

backpacking diver

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone--

I'm trying to decide where to go next, and I've been reading all the trip reports etc. (thanks to everyone who posts those!) and I've got a couple of questions. My diving prefs are for bigger animals (read sharks altho' mantas are OK by me!) and I'll admit I like diving deep... weird as it may sound to some, I'm also a vegetarian and having the whole spearfishing/blood sloshing around the bottom of the dive boat flips me out a bit (some of you know how I feel!) Reading the reports, it sounds like the Bahamas are more a shallow-diving/family-friendly kind of experience?-- would you say that's generally true? The liveaboards look like they cater to a lot of novice divers and a LOT of divers all together... and I'm picking up that it's not necessarily fish-filled? In other words, on the scale of Ok-to-Nice-to-Out of this World Don't Miss It, where would y'all rate it?

For comparison purposes, last dive was blackwater diving in Hawaii, before that Palau and Cocos... if I don't go to the Bahamas I'm looking at Cocos again and twice the price (ow), but it was amazing...

ANY advice welcome! Thanks so much!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom