Advice on Zeagle ET harness and weight systems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like the deluxe better, but the basic im sure is still great.

Which features do you enjoy on the deluxe Shftrdog. I am still attracted by the QR on the shoulders since it is a method of removal that has featured on all the dives my wife and I have done. I am not so fussed by the padding.

I am still attracted by the QR on the shoulders since it is a method of removal
The best thing about the ET is that you really don't need the QRs. Once the belt is unbuckled, the shoulder straps pull out so easily and quickly as to need nothing else. I suffer from joint stiffness and arthritis, and just love this feature.

Understood Doc and I do like the concept - I just wish I could actually test all varieties before I buy but I can't. However my buddy (wife) and I are familiar with shoulder QR so I am thinking about a scenario where somebody else has to get me out. QR makes this trivial. So I am interested in input from people that like/use the deluxe version.

I originally got the basic unit after about year and a half ordered the deluxe harness because of my specific needs for the diving I was doing.

Most of my diving is done in cold water, 45 to 65 degrees, and at that time I was wearing 7mil farmer john and jacket with 22# of weight which I put in XS scuba weight pouches on the waist band, 4, and the shoulder straps, 2.

The 2 pouches and a D ring on each side and the crotch strap left very little play in the waist belt to slide out into the shoulder section for play.

I am getting on in years and do not bend as well as I used to so I ordered the deluxe harnes so I can unclip one shoulder section.

I also prefer a chest strap and with the deluxe harness there is a fixed anchor point, D ring on each side to attach the chest strap which keeps it in a fixed position.

I also find the Deluxe more comfortable because of the pivot point on the chest straps because straps can come down straighter from the shoulder and then angle down to the waist at the D ring.

I am going to get some flack for saying this but I believe a shouder strap buckle makes getting a disabled diver much easier to get out of their rig in an emergency situation.

Understood Doc and I do like the concept - I just wish I could actually test all varieties before I buy but I can't. However my buddy (wife) and I are familiar with shoulder QR so I am thinking about a scenario where somebody else has to get me out. QR makes this trivial. So I am interested in input from people that like/use the deluxe version.

I don't use the deluxe, sorry. I don't like sternum straps with my dry suit and less is more.

On my standard BP, I added a weight belt buckle (metal) for a similar purpose. Wiggling out of the system in a dry suite after a solo dive was a pain, literally. I am not disabled, but my joints are not what they once were.

On the ET, I don't need the same buckle. The fact the the shoulder straps slide gives allows easier removal of the system. As a bonus, it also makes getting into the system easier. Since I dive solo, it not like I can ask a buddy for help if I get messed up and I do a lot of shore dives out of the trunk of a rental car - not ideal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom