Advice please ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Kracken:
Don't you have a problem with lag time with digitals?
You push the button and it takes a second or two for the camera to take the picture . . .
Oops, there went the fish!!!

As everyone else says.....it depends.

It was something that drove me nuts when I had the C5050, especially as in the uk, much of the shots are macro because of the crap viz.

Ths DLSR soon solved that problem!

Not sure when you are leaving, but I would advise a little caution if you head to the Oly 5050 (or dSLR) route - they will take some time to get used to so you will want to have them well in advance so you can really get to know them in their housings. The same goes for any system, but I have been finding that the Canon housings, as I have experience with them, are much easier to work with after only a very short session...not as much to remember and the buttons have little codes on them!

Also the Oly 5050 is bigger. Might be a concern while travelling. I usually don't use the Oly on land, only underwater. I grab my trusty Canon A70 for surface happy snappys stuff or more likely grab my little tiny Sony 2MP and stick it in my pocket. YMMV and just more stuff to think about :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom