Aeris Atmos AI - non metalic button model - windows 10 failure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DavidnPeggy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am hoping that someone has a solution for the software provided by Aeris/Oceanic that does not work.
I am running windows 10 and can not get the Aeris Computer interface 2.X software to run at all.

I get an error message saying - "Aeris computer interface has stopped working --- windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available" ... I have installed the 64 bit usb drivers as well.

I have emailed the diveaeris.com support folks but no response.

Please help. I would like to download my dives and manage them thru any divelog software that is compatible with a "Non-metal button Aeris Atmos AI"
Thanks for your help.

Wired interface or infrared? The infrared has been hosed since Win10 came out and was just recently fixed. If it's wired, I can't be of any help.

Try compatibility mode? Worth a shot.
I assume you are referring to windows compatibility mode. I did run the Aeris software in several compatibility settings ... still no luck. Thanks ... David

Yes, windows compatibility. Seemed to work occasionally in Win7. Win10 either seems to work, or simply won't.

An odd point, when the IrDa would not work in Win10 the UWATEC Smarttrak software would, but you could not download data. Then I loaded a preview version. IrDa now worked, but Smarttrak would not. I tried all sorts of stuff, nothing worked. Another user experienced exactly the same thing. Then about 2 weeks later, without doing ANYTHING (no updates, no reloads, nothing) Smarttak started to work. Same with the other user. No idea why. OTOH, it was a preview version and had some noticeable bugs.

Contact customer support for AUP. There is a beta version of the software that they will send you the link via email that solves the problem. The beta does not automatically download within the Aeris software program because it is a Beta.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom