Aeris Atmos AI, thoughts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

According to the description online it saves 20 dives. However, I recently downloaded 30 off my computer, so maybe it will display 20 dives in the logbook on the computer, but will save more info? I don't have the computer in front of me to check.

Not sure what gauge protector is. Mine came with a screen cover and you will definitely want that.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

My thoughts - I like Aeris. I have two. AI, well, that depends. If the battery died or the computer died, that dive is over. There is no way to tell remaining gas. You will also need to follow recommendations of the computer manufacturer before completing any further dives as your nitrogen loading status may not be available if you only have one computer. Sometimes that means 24 hours. However, If I have been diving with a second computer and have a pressure gauge with hose on the boat - I'm still able to dive the next dive. However, if I have an analog pressure gauge and two non-AI Aeris computers (about the same price as one AI computer) then I do not have to terminate the dive if one computer fails or a battery dies. You make your choices and deal with the outcomes. Me, I dive an analog pressure guage and two non-AI computers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom