Aeris Elite T3: Erroneous and Missing Data

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fishwatcher

Registered
Reaction score
I recently purchased an Aeris Elite T3 from an authorized online retailer and took it on a dive vacation for 10 dives. Although I love the features and functionality of this computer, I ran into a number of problems, which I've detailed below.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you for your help,

Phil
aka Fishwatcher

• Audible alarm is not audible to me or to my buddies underwater unless the Elite T3 is held against the ear (mine or theirs). My previous computers have been Suuntos whose alarms are louder. I love having all the various alarms on the Elite T3, but if I can’t hear them, their effectiveness is lessened. If my buddies could hear the alarms when as close 1.5 feet from the computer and looking at it, I could blame my own hearing.

• Computer Dive 2: Erroneous Readings
o At 3 minutes into the dive, I’m at 60’, but the Aeris dive log software shows two erroneous readings of 1’ and 0’, the computer is linked to the transmitter.
o At 9 minutes into the dive, I’m at under 70’, but the Aeris dive log software shows me at 501.12’, with a “PASSED 60FT DELAY VIOLATION;” the computer link is “Lost.”
o At 11 minutes into the dive, I’m at 62’, but the Aeris dive log software shows me at 509.12’, with a “PASSED 60FT DELAY VIOLATION;” the computer link is “Lost.”
o At 14 minutes into the dive, I’m at 62’, but the Aeris dive log software shows me at 510.14’, with a “PASSED 60FT DELAY VIOLATION;” the computer link is “Lost.”
o At 23 minutes into the dive, I’m at 72’, but the Aeris dive log software shows two readings with me at 511.12’, with a “PASSED 60FT DELAY VIOLATION;” the computer link is “Lost.”
o At 25 minutes into the dive, I’m at 58’, but the Aeris dive log software shows two readings with me at 511.12’, with a “PASSED 60FT DELAY VIOLATION;” the computer link is “Lost.”

• Computer Dive 3: Aeris Software Missing Last 37 Minutes of a Dive
o The Dive Summary correctly shows a 42 minute dive.
o The Dive Details (table and graph) show only the first 5 minutes of the dive.
o Importing the data into another dive log program (Diving Log 4.0) shows the complete table and graph for the 42 minute dive.
o Aeris Computer Interface 2.2.0, Build 05.07.08

• Computer Dive 4: Erroneous Readings
o At 11 minutes into the dive, I’m at 77’, but the Aeris dive log software shows me at 511.12’, with a “PASSED 60FT DELAY VIOLATION;” the computer link is “Lost.”
o At 22 minutes into the dive, I’m at 57’, but the Aeris dive log software shows me at 511.12’, with a “PASSED 60FT DELAY VIOLATION;” the computer link is “Lost.”

• Computer Dive 5: Incorrect Log Data on Elite T3 Computer
o Aeris Computer Interface software correctly shows the dive as the 5th dive in the log, occurring on July 28th at 11:23am.
o On the Elite T3 (Firmware Revision 2A), the dive appears in the position of the 5th dive, but displays as Dive 1, occurring on the 31st day of the 15th month (“15-31&#8221:wink: at 7pm: “LOG 15-31 DIVE 1 NITROX 7: Pm”. The next screen for this dive says “GAUGE 255F 3” with all Deco segments lit up. This dive only has 2 screens of data, whereas all my other dives have 3 screens of data.

• Computer Dive 6: Erroneous Reading
o At 11 minutes into the dive, I’m at 77’, but the Aeris dive log software shows me at 511.12’, with a “PASSED 60FT DELAY VIOLATION;” the computer link is “Lost.”

• Computer Dives 1,7,8,9,10 Appear to be Correct.

Note: Where I have listed a depth of greater than 500 feet, the Aeris Computer Interface software displays the correct maximum depth in the Dive Summary, displays “---FT” in the Dive Details table, and displays an off-the-chart depth in an orange warning color on the Dive Details graph. I have determined the value of the depth (e.g.: 511.12 Feet) by importing the data into Diving Log 4.0 dive log software.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom