Again with the pharmaceutical shopping game...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, yeah, that figures. And your Youtube makes an excellent case. I feel even better about avoiding them all on my big-ticket items.
Behind every great fortune lies a great crime.

Honore de Balzac

I saw my PA yesterday and we discussed my experiences shopping for this inhaler. She wrote me a new script to use with the Canadian middlemen.

It just amazes me that the same med from the same manufacturer under the same license can be $212/month or $25/month depending on where one shops.

I saw my PA yesterday and we discussed my experiences shopping for this inhaler. She wrote me a new script to use with the Canadian middlemen.

It just amazes me that the same med from the same manufacturer under the same license can be $212/month or $25/month depending on where one shops.
Look carefully at where the inhalers are made.
Not sure why the difference, wages, quality, exchange agreements, etc
Numbers made up
Great Britian $127
India 24$

Look carefully at where the inhalers are made.
Not sure why the difference, wages, quality, exchange agreements, etc
Numbers made up
Great Britian $127
India 24$
Oh yeah, but I learned the actual key on that in another thread. Amazing how much lifesaving meds are overpriced in the US The patents owner licenses the factory in India to make the same exact medicine for sale at various prices in various markets. Then the Canadian pharmacy opens an office (it may not be a real office, but whatever) there that buys locally at Indian wholesale prices, then ships direct to the US customer. In this case, Bayer is the manufacturer. Why it's the same thing by the same companies for less than 10% of the cost in another country is probably a complicated mix of international politics.

1680311658885.jpeg

My cousin is a bigwig at UHC. He tried to explain to me how they make more from kickbacks from pharmas than from drug sales. Unfortunately it was way more than my graduate degree in math allowed me to understand.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom