Agency Bashing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jason,

In that case, you must feel any negative comments, deserved or not is bashing. I use the other definition.

There's nothing wrong with pointing out the Emperor has no clothes when he's naked. Refusing to recognize the truth is not a virtue. There are serious problems; pointing them out is not, IMNSHO, agency bashing.

Agency bashing.. *shrugs* What's the difference between Ford, Chevy or Dodge? A: Preference. Could PADI up the standards? Absolutely! So could NAUI, SSI, SSA and others...

Could NAUI learn from PADI's marketing strategies? Yes, and I think NAUI is heading that way as well. Is this a bad thing? NO.

Are incompetant divers PADI certified? Yes, and there are NAUI divers just as bad, right along with SSI, SSA and the rest.

Solution: In addition to swimming skills tests, an idiot test MAY filter out the most prevalent. That is until they begin making new and improved idiots.

Will idiots continue to get themselves killed diving? Certainly, now, if we could only get them to do so before they manage to procreate, this topic might not exist. The problem really isn't diving agencies, the problem is a lack of leglislation necessitating breeding permits.

Here I thought this would be a thread where we could all join in and bash our favorite target agencies. But I see that it's actually an anti- bashing thread.

I think there has been entirely too much promotion of various agencies around here. So let's get in there and bash! Hijack this thread! Who's with me? AAArrrgghhh!

Can you tell me the requirements to be a SAD diver?

I'd like to join.

I really dig the philosophy... "Shut up... Dive." Hilarious!

Let's make some T-shirts. I think they'd sell well. I have a "Shut Up and Ride" mountain biking T-shirt from years ago that I still wear just for the philosophy.

Very cool. :D

Since DIR's got their "secret handshake," and their "Kool-Aid," and PADI's got their kneeling-in-the-sand-while-teaching-in-dayglow instructors, let's create something that's equally specific to the SAD agency... I vote for the SAD diver oath:

"Hey, the Shut Up and Dive Police just called... (Fill in the blank.)"

For example, the next time you hear someone asking, "What's wrong with bungie wings," you can reply with, "Hey, the Shut Up and Dive Police just called, they said they want you back." Or when GI3 gets online and calls it "insanity" to use a steel tank while diving wet, you can say to him, "Hey, the Shut Up and Dive Police just called... They said you've violated your parole." When someone trolls or gives someone else a hard time or says, "You're gonna die if you use an Air2," you can respond with, "Hey, the Shut Up and Dive Police just called... And they said to shut up."

I like it. :)

WJL once bubbled...
I think there has been entirely too much promotion of various agencies around here. So let's get in there and bash! Hijack this thread! Who's with me? AAArrrgghhh!

"Hey, the Shut Up and Dive Police just called... They said PADI sucks."

:D

Holy crap! "The Shut Up and Dive Police just called... They said that this was my 1000th post!"

<dances the Shut Up and Dive dance>

Does that make three SAD divers?

Suggestion for the H.A.P.P.Y divers:

High Anxiety *iss Poor Yahoos... They'll be the SAD version of "strokes."

SADs vs. the HAPPYs... Whatcha think?

"The Shut Up and Dive Police just called..."

Hey, I'm putting that in my signature... On both sites. :D

I already have a "Shut Up and Dive" T-Shirt - I think it came from Cozumel?? Maybe there already is such an agency?? I want a C-Card from them (Oh, I forgot, C-cards are unnecessary to some?)

sapphire

SeaJay once bubbled...
Can you tell me the requirements to be a SAD diver?

I'd like to join.

I really dig the philosophy... "Shut up... Dive." Hilarious!

Let's make some T-shirts. I think they'd sell well. I have a "Shut Up and Ride" mountain biking T-shirt from years ago that I still wear just for the philosophy.

Very cool. :D

Since DIR's got their "secret handshake," and their "Kool-Aid," and PADI's got their kneeling-in-the-sand-while-teaching-in-dayglow instructors, let's create something that's equally specific to the SAD agency... I vote for the SAD diver oath:

"Hey, the Shut Up and Dive Police just called... (Fill in the blank.)"

For example, the next time you hear someone asking, "What's wrong with bungie wings," you can reply with, "Hey, the Shut Up and Dive Police just called, they said they want you back." Or when GI3 gets online and calls it "insanity" to use a steel tank while diving wet, you can say to him, "Hey, the Shut Up and Dive Police just called... They said you've violated your parole." When someone trolls or gives someone else a hard time or says, "You're gonna die if you use an Air2," you can respond with, "Hey, the Shut Up and Dive Police just called... And they said to shut up."

I like it. :)

Shut up and dive already!!! :mean:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom