Agila Aquamundo Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dive900

Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys

I am in the market for new fins and i was looking at getting the Scubapro jetfins or the OMS slipstreams. Are the agila fins *like* the scubapro jetfins?

For people who are GUE, will the agilas be ok for a GUE setup?

thanks!

I know a few divers who use the Aquamundo fins (some of them DIR trained). I don't see why the fins wouldn't be acceptable for GUE diving - there's no 'brand restriction' - merely a principle on the type and performance of the fin used.

The fit/footpocket is a slightly different size/shape. But then, it is also different between SP Jets and OMS Slips.

Slightly less stiff than Jets (less 'oomph!'), but shorter size, so similar benefits for static control and maneuverability.

Cost is, obviously, a lot less (as it is with most Aquamundo stuff) :)

Some older threads on the same topic:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/philippine-paradise-divers/317126-aquamundo.html

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/trips-local-marketplace-philippines/361831-aquamundo-fins.html

thanks so much andy! ill look into the agilas then the price is quite good!!

thanks so much! i think im sold on these fins...and besides its local so its nice to support our own product.

We support Aquamundo strongly here, like you say it's good to support a local brand. The fins are fine and for the price a very good deal; but they are not jetfins...which neither are the OMS slipstreams either by the way. Nothing matches the jets in terms of simple power and control.

But I use them all in different situations and I don't think you'll be disappointed.

hi matt...thanks for chiming in. i read that as well that thrust just isnt the same (agila vs jets and oms vs jets) but i also read that the agila and oms are just a tad tad ahead in terms of control...how true is that based on your own experience?

have you also used the ventec fins? any comments on those?

I use both jets and agila's. I use the agila when I travel and weight/size is an issue. The agila is shorter and gives better control particularly for the back kick and helicopter turn as it is kind of easier to "scoop" water with a shorter fin. It is softer and won't give you the "oomph" of a jet as DevonDiver said. You should also consider getting spring straps regardless of which fin you buy.

thanks pao! definitely getting the spring straps :)

just came from aquamundo hehe and i got the agilas with the spring straps....i tried the ventec fin and although they fit A LOT better than the agilas (i think the agilas and sp jets should really be upgraded with a more agreeable foot pocket design) they are very very flexible and they look to be a bit curved backwards so it may not perform the same way as the agilas...im thinking back kicks will be more difficult due to its flexibility and curvature.

i tried the jets and oms slips over at nautilus (average price of 7k for both more or less) the agilas are a steal and a half. i hope the agilas will last as long as the jets!

Oh and i found out the jets now have 2 versions. the US version that comes with the normal strap and the Taiwan version that already has a spring strap.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom