Air 2 Octo/inflators -- why the heated debate?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SlowAndEasy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Experienced divers seem to have strong opinions about the Air 2 style of combined octo/inflators. Some love them, others seem to hate them. Nobody seems indifferent, which I find odd.

What's behind these strongly-held opinions?

What do you like or dislike about your Air 2?

Regards,
Steven

Last edited:
You must be new here.

canofworms.jpg

What's behind these strongly-held opinions?

Regards,
Steven
Having owned and used a SP AIR II, I can speak/write from personal experience. Therefore I have a legitimate reason for letting others know what my opinion is about an AIR II. Did I answer your question
confused.gif

Edit: Left "know" out.

Well I am indifferent. I don't really care what another diver uses. Many different people like many different choices if an Air 2 Octo/inflator makes someone happy they are more than welcome to use what makes them happy. I wont snob a person because of their gear choices I just want to meet good people and dive.

Well, I *am* new here, which is why I'm hanging out in the Basic forum. :)

I'm genuinely interested in finding out what people like or dislike about the Air 2. It's always interesting to hear the emotions, but I'm trying to find out what the facts are (or real experiences) that drive the emotions.

Having owned and used a SP AIR II, I can speak/write from personal experience. Therefore I have a legitimate reason for letting others what my opinion is about an AIR II. Did I answer your question
confused.gif

Um, sadly, no. What is your opinion about it? And why?

I'm genuinely interested in finding out what people like or dislike about the Air 2. It's always interesting to hear the emotions, but I'm trying to find out what the facts are (or real experiences) that drive the emotions.
Are those questions? :confused: :coffee:

The basis for my beliefs comes from what I see in recreational divers and customers, their averaged abilities/inabilities to perform basic skills after a short period of self sufficiency, and the equipment designs and performance themselves.

^Now there is a nice reply to the original question!

My opinion is based on having used several setups for redundancy, practicing out of gas scenarios with my buddy using all of them, and deciding what worked for me.

Back
Top Bottom