Air in Scubapro Hood

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok I did use a nail to open the holes a bit more. Did not create new holes and was careful to not rip the existing holes but gently expand them. One dive later, it was good. Hope this will continue.

Not really. The air creates a space between the hood and the head, and invites icy water to enter.

True. Plus the amount of air I had was just so much, I felt the mask strap will break. Plus I was emptying the hood like every 2-3 minutes so it got to be very annoying.

I found that a small nail was not sufficient to vent the air.,I use a big nail and heat it up before the surgery.
If you wear the hood while you're doing this, you can position the holes more accurately. ;-)

If you wear the hood while you're doing this, you can position the holes more accurately. ;-)
Perfect. What a great selfie - put on your hood and insert a red hot nail into the hood for the best placement. ;-)

Ahahaaaaaa . . . Gasp haha

Have your dive buddy hammer it in.

I will have to change my business model that offered two options - hot nail or nail gun option. Perhaps USA divers will prefer the patriotic nail gun option, but other divers might like the hot nail method. Come everyone would like to experience a hot nail once in their lie.

Back
Top Bottom