Air Int. Comp. Purchase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was advised that the VT3 was the way to go. My son is goign to be O/W certified here in a little over 18 months so being able to monitor a second pressure isn't a bad idea.

By the time you go through the procedure for checking another tank's pressure, the dive's over. It's a lot easier just to signal your buddy and ask for pressure reading than trying to navigate the menu. It ain't that easy. I should know, I own one of those computers.

Ummm. Or purchase a large, easy-to-read analog SPG...and have your son clip it off so that the dial is facing outward. I routinely read my buddy's gauge in this way. It's cheap and effective. With the money you save, you could afford better/more instruction, more air fills, necessary dive equipment, or save up for dive vacations.

If you must spend more money on dive gear, consider learning how to service your own regs and spend a few bucks on servicing tools. It's not a bad investment if you have several sets of regs and you want to learn how to tune first and second stages properly.

I wonder how far off you have to wander in order for your AI-hoseless computer to be out of range of your son's transmitter. Hopefully, it pairs up quickly when the transmitter comes into range.

With the Uemis you can "access" you dive buddies computer by simply using the bottom right slider. You will instantly see your buddies Deco Time, Gas Mix ( if he/she is diving multiple gases ) Remaining gas time as well as the actual tank pressure. Works with up to 6 different units at the same time. Distance to them should be within 12 feet. I think it is a great tool to see if your buddies are breathing the right gas and are following their deco procedures

Back
Top Bottom