EM16 Replacement?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kwbyron

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So cochran went under?? I guess I've been topside a while. I'm getting back into diving after a hiatus, which is longer then I thought. I got my computer out, battery is dead and a replacement is $50, which seems like a lot for something I can't install the software of anyways.

So I need a new computer. What's good now? I think tech might have changed since I bought mine in 2006... I always regretted not getting air integration, so that's something I'd like to at least be able to add next time. I'm also cheap, so maybe just a basic wrist-mount would be best. I don't think I am going to be diving weekly again, maybe every other month.
My ideal computer would be $45, long battery, a digital compass, depth, remaining bottom time, and remaining PSI.

So cochran went under?? I guess I've been topside a while. I'm getting back into diving after a hiatus, which is longer then I thought. I got my computer out, battery is dead and a replacement is $50, which seems like a lot for something I can't install the software of anyways.

So I need a new computer. What's good now? I think tech might have changed since I bought mine in 2006... I always regretted not getting air integration, so that's something I'd like to at least be able to add next time. I'm also cheap, so maybe just a basic wrist-mount would be best. I don't think I am going to be diving weekly again, maybe every other month.
My ideal computer would be $45, long battery, a digital compass, depth, remaining bottom time, and remaining PSI.
Buy a used Oceanic ProPlus 2. It is hosed air-integration. If you want a wrist mount wireless air-integration, you are talking upwards of $1k+.
Forget $45!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom