Air Integrated Comp Holesess or console

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mannie071:
Yeah I am making the decision pretty soon. It looks like I will be going with the console set up because I think the hoseless for me right now and the future will be frivelous for the diving I will be doing. I still have to make up my mind between the Sherwood Wisdom and the Uwatec Smart Com. They are decently priced at the LDS at 552 bucks for the wisdom QD and 498 for the Smart com QD. Thanks everybody! Peace

Sounds like $$$ - do what the pros. do: Buy a wrist mount depth timer like the Uwatec bottom timer and use a simple brass gauge. Use pre-made tables or cut your own using a simple deco. program. See the wkpp.org. for pics of their world record breaking set-ups. You'll note no fancy computers and consoles. Computers as nice as they can be - break. I have 5 sitting in various states of working order.

This set-up works so reliably. X

Go with the console. I would suggest the Suunto Cobra. I dive hands free, I just secure the console hose on one of the BCD straps and all I have to do is look down to see what the computer is saying.

ocrmaster:
Mannie071

Can you do me a favor can you ask how much is the Uwatec Smart Tec w/ Transmitter at your lds.

Thanks
Ocrmaster,
Sorry my local LDS doesn't carry the Smart Tec.

On eproblem I had with the Mares Genius hoseless was that when my strobe on my camera would charge it would lose sync with the transmitter. I would have to put my wrist up by the transmitter to get it to resync. It would constantly alarm and annoy other members of the dive party when this happened. Check it out with a stobe discharging and recharging nearby if you want to do any underwater photo work.

Mike

I am leaning toward making the move from a Cobra (hose & console) to the VT3 or the Atom. I love the Oceanics!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom