Air integrated computers w/ transmitters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Liquivision Lynx solves all previous issues related to transmitters, and adds a dozen other features. Something to keep in mind.

Even a hosed computer can fail, like the recent recall on certain computers that would explode from excess air pressure.

Yes all sounds very interesting, lots of teasing but not much real info, unfortunately for me all too little too late.

Why is your transmitter better than anyone else's transmitter? I'm missing the link, as it were.

R..

:eek:npatrol:

Sales talk and a lot of fluff. One of the main reasons Shearwater is eating into your slice of market-share.

Thanks again for the input all.

Hmmm... decisions decisions....
photo.jpg

I second the comments about the OC1, love the air integration, it is much easier and more convienient for me to have all of the info in one place that is immediately readable. I have never had the transmitter fail during a dive and it is all automatic, no forcing a sync or anything. Yes I still do have an SPG but that is mostly because that is also were my compass is on the same console. If I get a wrist mount compass I may switch to mini-spg tucked away.

Where is this rumor that manufacturers are doing away with wireless transmitters? As far as I can see, everybody and their brothers are making wireless air integrated computers...even big name tech computer makers like VR Technology.

Since that I doubt any rec diver would go and choose a VR Technology computer any time soon, and the new VR/Hollis DG5 has up to four transmitters monitoring capability...methinks that somebody somewhere in the tech world thinks that it's a useful feature.

The Liquivision Lynx solves all previous issues related to transmitters, and adds a dozen other features. Something to keep in mind.

Even a hosed computer can fail, like the recent recall on certain computers that would explode from excess air pressure.

Some would say that a full manufacturer-initiated/funded recall due to a handful of incidents is a far sight better than no recall -- or meaningful support -- on certain computers with potted batteries that only lasted a couple years instead of the advertized decade service life. Something else to keep in mind.

But I guess those are just previous issues, no need to dwell.

I dive a Sol and I love it - have not had a transmitter issue that I am aware of and have had it for about 70 dives now. My vote is to go with the wireless with a SPG back-up. The only functionality you might loose is the ability to easily read your remaining tank pressure, and the RBT calculation. Not much degradation for the ease of being hands free in my opinion

I dive a Sol and I love it - have not had a transmitter issue that I am aware of and have had it for about 70 dives now. My vote is to go with the wireless with a SPG back-up. The only functionality you might loose is the ability to easily read your remaining tank pressure, and the RBT calculation. Not much degradation for the ease of being hands free in my opinion

I agree. Never had a failure, but the small backup SPG takes care of the anxiety issue. The Luna/Sol is still the best AI wireless computer, at least until the Lynx becomes available.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom