Air Quality Certificate

I am aware of biannual CSA testing required for air fill stations?

• And always ask to see a certificate every 6 months

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Sometimes ask

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Never ask

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • What is an air certificate?

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

..similar rules apply to my referree cert....recert every year and full day course + exam...each level you progress too requires higher mark on the exam..

I am not for any more laws or rules than necessary. Currently I don't believe from all I have read from various sources that there is enough evidence for me to be concerned with "bad" air.

Perhaps like many, until it affects me directly easier to ignore.

seahunter once bubbled...
More laws are definately the answer!
While we're at it let's make it a law for divers to have an annual diver re-certification. A mandatory 3 hour skill review and written evaluation for a small fee ($35?) before the diver can purchase air or go diving in a public place.
Yeah! There otta' be a law.
Read the Quebec rules recently? Your comments sound familiar. Thats what happens when the sport does not police itself.

No law can protect stupid people from hurting themselves.
Then education is the cure!

All certain people have been saying here on these threads is check for an air certificate. If they don't have one go somewhere else. The taste and smell does not work for odourless and tasteless gases.

NO MORE LAWS!!
Let me repeat...
NO MORE LAWS!!

They cost me and you money!
They don't stop criminals!
They do hinder the honest efforts of lawabiding people!
They give stupid/naive people a false sense of security!
They give politicians and police power!

Good Lord Seahunter.....can they have your gun after they pry it from your cold dead hand too?

Wow:wacko:

Good point GTA - the French mentality which is evident in Quebec as well, is to allow the government to decide what's best for the people rather than the opposite. The ridiculous rules that exist in Quebec re scuba are the result. No one in their right mind would say they make diving in Quebec safer. More expensive - yes!

This same attitude prevails in Ottawa right now (many years of leadership by Francophone lawyers) - basically that the politicians know best what's good for Canadians so they don't even ask us anymore but simply make up laws, enact them without our OK and sit back smiling at what a good job they're doing. An example that is close to my heart but is also proven to be a complete and utter boondoggle even by Liberal MP's is the so called 'Gun Law'.
Enacted as a crime law to reduce crime it actually increased the number of criminals in Canada by approximately 14% since January 2003; touted as costing $55 million to set up and thereafter be self-supporting it has cost one billion dollars so far and the cash register is still ringing; promising to reduce gun crimes - well, just read the Toronto Sun and the entire issue was forced on Canadians by the dictator Chretien.
What unbelieveable twist of logic makes a politician think that the solution to crime is a new law? A criminal by definition and intent doesn't obey the law. There have been effective guns laws in Canada since the early 50's but criminals ignore them. The solution is to pass a new, very expensive law for them to ignore?!! I suppose once we've convinced Ottawa the new law doesn't work, their solution will be to pass another new law. The only people following all these laws are the law abiding people (this ain't rocket science!) and they have to pay for all this crap too!
In this case dicator is the only appropriate word since JC forces the MPs (your elected representatives) to back every bill to increase the spending for it. If you think Canada is a democracy, this one bill (there are many others) must force you to re-consider regardless of your political leanings. Your local MP was elected to represent the people of the riding (your interests) in parliament but is forced to vote with Chretien. Your MP votes as Chretien says - not as is best for you and your neighbors!
That my friends, is not democracy!! Being given an opportunity to vote every 4 years is not democracy if the person you elect does not support your wishes - that's dictatorship! Ask the Cubans - they had an election last year too. Funny how JC and Fidel are such good buddies.
You want laws? How about a law that allows us to kick out politicians who are elected based on their promises but don't follow through? Chretien was elected on a single promise to eliminate the GST. Hello!!
If a businessman in any business (even scuba) promised something and didn't deliver, he'd be in court instantly. Politicians? Ha! They must laugh at us in their exclusive clubs and resorts. And we pay for the whole damn thing!! You want to give them to power to run the sport of scuba?

I'm not paranoid about politicians and laws - I'm also not blind and stupid!
Scuba has enjoyed almost 50 years of non-interference from the government and the safety of the diving public has increased steadily from very good to excellent over those years.
Where's the beef!

Education is always the answer GTA.
New divers are taught to watch for funny smelling air which is not bad advice. They should be taught to check their LDS air certificate every time they go in.
Make it the law and the unscrupulous store owners will simply post a false certificate. Make it the law and divers will think everything's OK and stop watching out for themselves.
Yeah! A law will really help!!! BTW, who's gonna' pay for this law. Do you think for a minute the general public will asked to pay for a 'scuba diving' law? How's your Florida real estate coming?

Actually that's not a joke anymore. If I'd bought some of that overpriced swamp in Florida 25 years ago when I had a chance, I'd be retired now. Is this how these threads jump around? From the ice conditons in Tobermory through bad air fills to Florida real estate!
Good night. It's 4:45 am and tomorrow's Friday at the dive store. Want to trade jobs?

the French mentality which is evident in Quebec as well, is to allow the government to decide what's best for the people rather than the opposite.
Free dental for ALL children 11 years old and younger and universal $5 per day daycare. Them nasty quebecers! I am envious et je me souviens.

Check your fire, Check your fire.....your rounds are hitting everything but the target.

"(many years of leadership by Francophone lawyers)"

Seahunter, you are starting to sound as intelligent as the US Senate. Yes, I would like some Freedom fries please.

FREE?!!
I was right bubble. You ARE part of the problem.

I suppose you are one of the millions who think that 'free' means Chretien is paying for these 'benefits' out of his own outrageous salary. Even if he was it wouldn't be free since WE PAY HIS SALARY!

There is no free!! If the Quebec taxpayers have decided they want the gov't to use their own money through taxes to provide dental care for the kids of Quebec, that's great. It isn't free, in fact, if gov't administered, it undoubtedly costs more than a private group plan. N'est pas?
I wonder if the people of Quebec had a say or was this a 'free' gift to the people (using their money to buy it) as a pre-election promo. Do you suppose the majority of the people of Quebec have kids under 5?

Free health care - isn't that why my taxes are so high?
Free education - in fact, 60% of my taxes go to pay for that 'free' benefit (60% of that is for salaries!).

Free air fills at S2K? Now that's free!!

I am not insulting anyone sneaky, just stating facts.
The number of francophones (their term not mine!) in parliament is 4 times the percentage that Quebecers are of the Canadian population. How do you suppose that happened? Do you think Quebecers would accept it if the opposite were true?
Why is the portion of the federal investment in Quebec almost twice what it is for any other province? I guess they pay twice as much tax!

I'm wrong you say.... Check the list of PMs you may remember:

Trudeau - a Quebec lawyer (his minister of justice was JC)
Clark - NOT a Quebecer. PM for 9 months.
Trudeau - see above
Turner - a Quebec lawyer
Mulroney - a Quebec lawyer
Campbell - a BC lawyer. PM for 5 months
Chretien - a Quebec lawyer

Since 1968 (35 years) Canada has been dictated to by Quebec lawyers except for 14 months.

A little salt on that crow helps it go down.

FREE?!!
I was right bubble. You ARE part of the problem.

I suppose you are one of the millions who think that 'free' means Chretien is paying for these 'benefits' out of his own outrageous salary. Even if he was it wouldn't be free since WE PAY HIS SALARY!

There is no free!! If the Quebec taxpayers have decided they want the gov't to use their own money through taxes to provide dental care for the kids of Quebec, that's great. It isn't free, in fact, if gov't administered, it undoubtedly costs more than a private group plan. N'est pas?
I wonder if the people of Quebec had a say or was this a 'free' gift to the people (using their money to buy it) as a pre-election promo. Do you suppose the majority of the people of Quebec have kids under 5?

Free health care - isn't that why my taxes are so high?
Free education - in fact, 60% of my taxes go to pay for that 'free' benefit (60% of that is for salaries!).

Free air fills at S2K? Now that's free!!
Is it not an election year in your province? Did your premier not announce that he was letting all the old farts off from paying education taxes regardless of income. No, you are right as usual, lets have two tier medical systems and two tier education systems and end up incarrcerating the working class down the road.

Please explain to me why you give FREE air. Why do you use air as the loss leader to get people into your store? Why not free regulator servicing or free beer?

Back
Top Bottom