Air Quality Law Dropped

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did not feel safer with the law on the books and don't feel unsafe b/c they are dropping the requirement.

For all the topics you read on SB, I don't recall many threads having to do w/ "bad" air/gas here in FL - sure it can happen but this is not something likely to keep me awake at night.

Poison a few folks and you put yourself out of business - not worth it for a service many shops claim as a "loss leader".

Or after the ME determines death you can sue him for a zillion bazillion dollars for slandering your crappy air fills...

Yikes! That's not good. But on a plus note, I'm thinking the shop that fills my tanks will continue to do the quarterly testing anyway, because they have an outstanding reputation to uphold in the diving community.

At least for diving, Brian!

Besides, your favorite fill station, Fill Express, has more tubes and filters than a refinery!

Yep, they are the only shop I know that posts their quarterly test results on their website: http://fillexpress.com/library/testresults.pdf

And that is one of the many reasons I will continue to support Fill Express.

Declining LDS revenues and now a lack of govermental oversight. Somehow I can foresee declining air filter sales in the future....

There are several shops floating around that do lousy fills with polluted air.
Not necessarily "kill you dead air", but not what we expect either.
Old filters, poor maintenance, and apathy is more rife than we want to think of down here in South Florida.
For the most part, we already know who the trolls are.
Another vote for Fill Express, Force-E, Lauderdale Diver, and there are many many responsible shops filling us up, and some trolls who could give a damn.
Chug
Likes dive stores near the 'hood.

i know of one here in central west coast florida that was pumping bad air, did a vis on a fresh filled tank diver said tasted weird, there was a nice thick film of oil in his cylinder. just coming from hydro you would think if it was already there, hydro would of caught it and cleaned it.....the tank was 02 cleaned then filled. then brought to me. still had 2000+-. But I agree more shops need to post there air quality so as to alert divers of what there breathing...

Sir, soon you will have Universal Health Care and all of your health needs - physical, emotional, and paranormal - will be taken care of expeditiously. Doesn't matter anymore what gets pumped, by whom, and under whatever circumstances.
However, if you run into me in the waiting room and try to steal my number while we are waiting to be medically treated in a professional and ethical manner, I will shrink your head to the size of a walnut.
A little oil in the air you breathe will at least give you shiny hair and maybe moisturize you from the inside-out maybe a little.
All of you negative people out there - try to look at The Bright Side of Life. Remember that things could always get worse, as they surely will.

Sir, soon you will have Universal Health Care and all of your health needs - physical, emotional, and paranormal - will be taken care of expeditiously. Doesn't matter anymore what gets pumped, by whom, and under whatever circumstances.
However, if you run into me in the waiting room and try to steal my number while we are waiting to be medically treated in a professional and ethical manner, I will shrink your head to the size of a walnut.
A little oil in the air you breathe will at least give you shiny hair and maybe moisturize you from the inside-out maybe a little.
All of you negative people out there - try to look at The Bright Side of Life. Remember that things could always get worse, as they surely will.

:rofl3:

:D:..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom