Air Wave Octo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeminwy

New
Reaction score
Silly question...I am a new diver. I purchased the airwave octo and noticed the hose connect to the octo is on the left side vs. the right...which I was use to while getting certified and renting equipment. Does it matter which side of the primary I connect to? Is there any special considerations if I bring the hose from the left side under my left arm pit and attach it across my chest to my right BC strap. It looks like the way it is set up it would work best that way....Or am I going to be tied up like old spaghetti with conflicts with my controls....

I have a new hoseless integrated dive computer so the only conflicting equipment on my left side is the the BC hose....but I keep it velcro'd in and the hose is over the shoulder.

What do you old salts suggest?

According to the manufacturer, it's supposed to be that way. You are still meant to wear it on your right side. The rationale is that there will be less hose twists when donated. <shrugs> A bit gimmicky, IMHO.

http://www.xsscuba.com/reg_airwave.html

Hello Jeminwy:
Not, at all a silly question. The AirWave is a "left-hand" octopus, that is if you place the second stage in your mouth (diaphragm up) the hose attachment is on your left side. Left hand octopus are designed with the philosophy that the octopus is to give away to the out of air diver. Attachment should be on your right side one LP port down from the primary second stage port. The routing of the hose is below your primary second stage (right side) and secured to you BC on the your right side. Now, in an out of air emergency the octopus is given to the out of air diver. The divers should be in a near face to face position. Divers grasp right arms; left hands to control assent. If you look at the hose routing now the octopus makes a direct line to the out of air diver without hard turns or spaghetti. I hope this answers your question and I wish you are never in a situation to need it.

Jeminwy:
Silly question...I am a new diver. I purchased the airwave octo and noticed the hose connect to the octo is on the left side vs. the right...which I was use to while getting certified and renting equipment. Does it matter which side of the primary I connect to? Is there any special considerations if I bring the hose from the left side under my left arm pit and attach it across my chest to my right BC strap. It looks like the way it is set up it would work best that way....Or am I going to be tied up like old spaghetti with conflicts with my controls....

I have a new hoseless integrated dive computer so the only conflicting equipment on my left side is the the BC hose....but I keep it velcro'd in and the hose is over the shoulder.

What do you old salts suggest?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom