Airline Thieves!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I trust TSA employees more than I trust hotel maids.

I'm taking this one in to work as a moral booster for the guys on my platform....finally, something positive and inspiring! :D

There are recent weight restrictions on domestic flights that have changed how I fly and how I pack my luggage. On my recent hunting trip I went on a brought a bowcase and a duffel bag. My bow case is military green and says US Military on it. This is to avoid attention from PETA freaks and other animal-nutz and my matching duffel bag is from an army surplus store. I pack shoes or boots at the bottom and top of the bag with my clothing in the middle, and then carry a carry-on. In order to bypass the recent reduction of weight limits for checked baggage, anything heavy is packed into my carry on, making it very heavy, but bypassing the terrible overweight fees that may be tacked on by the airlines. The excess weight usually comes from bringing meat back. My carry on must have weighed 60-70 pounds last time but met all of the size limits, and I have yet to have anybody ever weigh a carry-on package. I do the same on my dive trips, my weights are distributed evenly through all of my bags or I will put them all into my carry on. Its acually interesting to watch the screeners as dense square blocks are clearly marked in my bags. I would be curious to put a tangle ow wires and my travel clock next to them just for amusement, after all, i always leave plenty of time to go though security.

Justin699:
I pack shoes or boots at the bottom and top of the bag with my clothing in the middle, and then carry a carry-on.

Pack them on top. They will almost always alarm on the L3 and CTX. Makes it easier to check them and let the bag go plus the screener doesn't have to empty the bag to reach the alarm.

Its acually interesting to watch the screeners as dense square blocks are clearly marked in my bags. I would be curious to put a tangle ow wires and my travel clock next to them just for amusement, after all, i always leave plenty of time to go though security.

Very amusing.....................

Justin699:
. . . I would be curious to put a tangle ow wires and my travel clock next to them just for amusement, after all, i always leave plenty of time to go though security.
Too funny!
Please, report in detail what happens
should you get such a wild hare.

Tom

Nomaster:
Too funny!
Please, report in detail what happens
should you get such a wild hare.

Tom
and when you do please do it in Tampa M-F 1200p to 900p on Continental, America West, AirTran, NorthWest, JetBlue or Cayman..................

I don't care about having to remove my shoes, what I dislike is being asked to leave my stuff (a container with my wallet, keys, camera, etc) and my laptop bag exposed on the x-ray belt while I am being searched 25 feet or more away with no chance to protect my stuff. This is what they do in St. Thomas.

zboss:
I don't care about having to remove my shoes, what I dislike is being asked to leave my stuff (a container with my wallet, keys, camera, etc) and my laptop bag exposed on the x-ray belt while I am being searched 25 feet or more away with no chance to protect my stuff. This is what they do in St. Thomas.
zboss - can you not ask to just bring the stuff with you in case someone steals it? if you ask this explicitly and they say no, then say that you will hold them responsible if anything goes missing. normally they then let you take it with you.

Back
Top Bottom