Aliwal Shoal - South Africa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Finally, I did it :D just came back a couple of days ago.

First, South Africa is a beautiful country. I was amazed of the contrasts if offers.

And second, did some great dives on Aliwal Shoal with plenty of tropical fish, turtles, eagle and sting rays and also an impressing dive with black tip sharks, unfortunately, that day the tigers were not around.

The Sea Forever guesthouse and Dive Center has just changed manager. Gary and Nancy are off to Jo'Burg. The new guy running the place Vincent, is a great guy, very helpful and a wonderful Chef. We had some of the best meals I have ever had. For the time being (since he just took over and doesn't know much about diving) the Diver Center is not running. But he still has all the equipment, including 2 boats and intends to hire some staff to run the Dive Center. In the meantime, he arranges for the dives with the Whaler Dive Center.

If you have a chance to stop by Umkomaas, I strongly recommend you stay at the Sea Forever, it is a really nice place run by a great guy and the Whaler and it's staff are also a very good recommandation.

Hi Frenchiegirl
So pleased you enjoyed yourself in our wonderful coutry,you should try mozambique sometime
One of the greatest experiences I have ever had was diving with whale shark in Guinjata bay I was so thrilled I bought the place you must try it I live about 40 Km from umkomaas would have loved to have met you when you were here
Safe diving
John

thanks Jolo

A new trip to South Africa and Umkomaas is planned probably for August 2009. When time comes I'll let you know and maybe we can meet then :)

by the way, if you want to see some pics of the dive you can see them here Lesmala.net : la plongée sous-marine then click on the left "Nos plongées" and then bottom right "Afrique du Sud février 2008"

Your photographs are fantastic can I use some of them on my web site guinjatabay.co.za? also when you come to South africa do your booking through me even at Sea Forever it cost you no more I get payment from them and can often organise dicounts for scubaboard members
John john@guinjatabay.co.za
Skype "justsharks"

Back
Top Bottom